𝟎𝟓| 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲, 𝐦𝐚𝐦𝐚?

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮," 𝐌𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞, holding her hand out in the direction of the clean and empty room. Y/n, Norman, Ray, and Emma all stood at the bottom of the second flight of stairs, listening in on Mama and Sister Krone.

     "Thank you, it's perfect."

     That room was in between all the children's sleeping quarters, "that sure is gonna be inconvenient," Ray sighed.

     "She's between the three children's rooms," Emma stated.

     Norman spoke, "it makes it easier for her to watch us.

     Sister Krone and Mama turned around to see the four children, "hi, Mama! Hi, Sister Krone!" Y/n faked a smile and waved, her friends also smiling and waving.

     "Hello, Y/n," Mama started, "hello, everyone." Sister Krone waved and headed into her room, ready to unpack. The small group laughed and decided to go to the library. It was free time after all, they could do whatever they wanted. Staying in the library seems less suspicious than out in the forest.

     "I was so focused on the trackers that another adult never crossed my mind," Norman stressed.

     Ray leaned against a bookshelf with his arms crossed, "actually, we should be happy about this."

     "Huh? What do you mean?" Emma questioned. "The more adults, the harder this gets, right?"

     "With Carol and Sister Krone here, we have two new sources of info."

     Y/n smiled, "You're right."

     "First off, where did they both come from?"

     Norman walked around, "I suppose Carol is here to replace Conny, so they must be replenishing merchandise."

     "Yeah, if this place is a farm, they must have a base where they prepare all the one-year-olds to resupply the house."

     Emma tilted her head, "so then, do you think we all came from that place at some point?"

     "Probably. And I bet Sister Krone did too."

     "It's significant that there are other adults besides Mom. That means there might be other farms similar to this one. Are the adults who work for the demons under control from the time they're born, or after they're captured? No one could change how we survive after escaping," Norman rambled.

     "But first, we need to find out how to escape with everyone," Ray reminded, "plus find the location of the tracking devices."

     "I searched all around my body," Emma said, feeling her sides, "but nothing shows where they were implanted."

     "And nothing on our clothes," Y/n added.

     "Just based on humankind's existing technology, they probably use radio waves. They need batteries. Something battery powered, is small, doesn't leave a mark, and lasts over ten years. That kind of technology wouldn't exist in twenty-fifteen."

     "Meaning?" Emma couldn't keep up.

     "It's going to be difficult to find the location and figure out how to break it. And if it's demon technology we may as well give up."

     "You're right," Norman sighed.

     "Huh? So, checkmate?" Emma panicked.

     "Pretty much," Y/n put her head down on the table, hoping it wasn't demon technology. She really wanted to get out of this place.