Chapter Two: Rock Bottom

I let (Y/N) out of her cell and she just followed me like a lost puppy. The taming worked but now it's time for training. She may be tamed but I need her to know how to fight too. Maybe then she won't be scared to face hunters and Autobots once we're done here. We started with things she already knew that we could use as an advantage. She knew how to hunt, how to track, how to sneak, how to be stealthy, she's a really good climber, and good at parkour.

There's a lot there she can use. I started to teach her hand-to-hand combat. I personally taught her using my holoform. She was a fast learner and not once did she question what we were doing. But she was still no match against me, a trained gladiator. And yet, I'm training her the same way I was and I'm trying to make her better despite being smaller than us. I was surprised when (Y/N) managed to learn the basics within a few weeks.

I'm impressed. By that time, I had also given her a sword to fight with. I'll give her a gun when she's more comfortable with one and when she can use one. But I've taught her enough for a while. I have another lesson to teach her and Starscream will be joining us. 

(Y/N's POV:

I went with Lord Megatron and Commander Starscream on a flight somewhere. I didn't ask questions because Megatron said that this trip was going to teach me something about how the Decepticon ranks work. I think that's all I needed to know. We soon arrived at an abandoned mine. I wonder why we're here.

"Uh, Lord Megatron, far be it from me to question your intentions, but I do not understand why we've returned here after all this time alone," Starscream said

Megatron ignored him and began to walk in. I just followed him.

"Uh. Every last trace of Energon was extracted from this mine. There's nothing left," Starscream explained

"Indulge me, Starscream, won't you?" Megatron asked him

He continued to walk into the mine. I watched as Starscream timidly walked behind us. What's he hiding. Megatron asked me to come forward so I ran up to him. He dropped a little blue crystal. He asked for me to smell it and see if there's any nearby. Oh, he wants me to track something. I gave it a smell and I managed to pick up a faint smell of more. From there, they both followed me further into the mine. I soon led them into a room with some cybertronian equipment. Not what I was looking for but the sent is stronger now. 

"How intriguing," Megatron said looking at the machines

Starscream laughed nervously before groaning, "Incompetent fools! This mining equipment should have been relocated. Why is it still here?" 

"A most valid question," I said not that interested because I found the source of the smell but it's in a rock

And I could tell he put on an act for that rant. That was no secret to me.

"My apologies, master. I believe Soundwave was in charge of coordinating transport," Starscream explained

Megatron growled not believing him either

"But in fairness, during your interstellar travels, we all had to assume additional responsibilities. Clearly, mistakes were made," Starscream said

"Yes. Clearly," Megatron said

I think he noticed how interested I was in the rock and punched a hole through it. I backed away from being hit by any of the smaller rocks. He pulled something blue out of it and held it up. It was more of those crystals that I was given. Is this the Energon mentioned?

"Every last trace of Energon extracted?" Megatron asked

"Lord Megatron, I can explain," Starscream said

"Explain what? That you've been hoarding a supply of Energon for your personal use?" Megaron asked dropping in

"No! Not exactly. You see, I-" Starscream was cut off by Megatron stomping on the Energon, destroying it.

"Do not take me for a fool, Starscream!"

I think Starscream knew he messed up. He started to back away while Megatron walked towards him.

"I have been wise to your transgressions from the beginning. Not only did you pluck the dark Energon from my chest in a failed attempt to snuff my spark, but you tried to raise your own undead warrior with it. It's no secret that you lost an arm in the process, which you've since had replaced," Megatron said

"You know about that?!" Starscream asked

"Soundwave is quite competent at surveillance, I can assure you. The fact is, Starscream, despite your treachery, I've allowed you to carry on this long because I took a certain delight in following your string of failures. But you've finally become tiresome, predictable," Megatron aimed his cannon at him, "You've hit rock bottom."

"Master, please! Give me one more chance! I beg of you!" Starscream fell to his knees

Well, I've just learned not to get on our master's bad side or this will happen. But if Starscream has betrayed him so many times, why hasn't Megatron done this sooner? 

"You see, (Y/N). This is what happens to those who disobey me. I terminate them. And this is what we will do to the hunters that dared to try and hunt you," Megatron turned back to Starscream, "You have ceased to be of use to me, Starscream. So you shall simply cease to be."

Starscream braced for the shot until something caught his eye. I looked to see a human and another bot. This must be the other hunters, the Autobots. Megatron looked over and started to shoot at them but they hid behind a wall. They didn't dare to shoot back. I took out my sword just in case the human wanted to attack. But Starscream took this opportunity to run away. I yelled to Megatron about it who yelled at Starscream and shot at him. I think he still managed to escape, however. While Megatron was distracted, the Autobot shot at him causing him to turn back around.

But the Autobot shot his arm so it was in the air and accidentally shot the roof above. A large rock detached from the ceiling and fell. But not before Megatron yelled at me to run and the rock fell on him. I got out of the way just in time but the floor started to give way beneath us. I almost made it to where Starscream escaped but I fell down too. I think I was knocked out because the next thing I knew, the human was trying to wake me up. I backed away and picked up my sword, threatening him to go away.

Which he actually listened to me. That's never happened before. I put my sword away and started to look for Megatron if he's still alive. Not that I expect him to hear or even know it but I started to bark, hoping he would hear me and come for me. I walked around too in case he was too far away. Barking like a fox comes naturally for me since I'm part fox. How this happened, I still don't know but I'm not complaining much. It wasn't long until I did find Megatron. He was still trapped under the rock that fall but he was alive!

He was relieved in his own way to see me and told me to find one of the drills we saw earlier and use it to help him out. I found one that still worked and used it to help Megatron out from the rock. He got out safely and we tried to find our way out. I just listened for any wildlife and used that to find the way out. But I led him to a different kind of animal and his name was Starscream.

He was struggling to hold up a rock that threatened to squish him when his weak arms gave way. I didn't realize how traitorous Starscream was until today so now I see why Megatron wanted to kill him. Starscream saw us and sighed in relief. But Megatron had no intentions of helping him because he just watched him struggle. 

"Master! Fox! You're both alive! Thank the all spark!" We gave no reply, "I...I did not abandon you two, master. I returned to save you both!"

"Save us?" Megatron asked

"Look into my spark, Lord Megatron. My intentions were true. Please! Have mercy!"

I looked at Megatron who only smirked. I thought he was going to let the rock kill him but, instead, he helped Starscream. I was confused but didn't ask. We headed back to the Warship and I cleaned all the dust off me. This was an eventful day.