Chapter Twenty-Four: Return to Earth

Megatron's POV:

Five years have passed since I last saw (Y/N). I have exiled myself from Cybertron and Earth because of my actions. Although, I do regret leaving (Y/N) on Earth. She was my first love since I started the war. Perhaps my only love ever. I had been trying to find anywhere in the galaxy to live out the rest of my days. But nowhere is the same without (Y/N) by my side. Does she miss me? Has she forgotten about me? She never leaves my mind.

She gave me a present before I left her on Earth. It was just a note with a secret on it. A secret she supposedly went by before I manipulated her to become a Decepticon. I would read her secret every day and I would wonder what it meant. I would go planet to planet to learn what it means but I did not get any answers. Until recently.

I saw a couple who had been separated for years and, according to one of them, they had been attempting to get back to the other because they were important to them. Just seeing this made me go back to Earth to find (Y/N). I hated that it took me five years to figure it out but I will return to her. When I arrived on Earth, I searched everywhere that was familiar to us but she was nowhere to be seen. What was I thinking?

Of course, she wouldn't. She has most likely moved on somewhere else. On my search for my Sparkmate, I encountered non-other than the Autobots and Optimus Prime. They seemed to be searching for Decepticon refugees. If that was the case, perhaps they know what happened to (Y/N). Once they had captured their Decepticon fugitive, I revealed myself to them.

I would imagine that I was the last face they expected to see. I assured them that I meant no harm. Optimus seemed to trust me and they all took me to their new base. A human Scrapyard. I was introduced to the new members of their team and they explained how they arrived back on Earth.

"It would appear my absence has caused you a lot of trouble," I said looking at all the full and empty stasis pods. 

"I think a lot of the Decepticons didn't get the memo when you declared the Decepticons were no more," Bumblebee sad

I nodded.

"What brings you back to Earth, old friend?" Optimus asked me

"It is a long story," I said

"No one has seen you since the end of the war. I am sure we have time," Drift said

I was silent for a moment, "I have returned to find my beloved, (Y/N)."

I started telling them what happened that fateful day:

(Five years earlier...)

I arrived with (Y/N) back on Earth where I transformed in a forest and let (Y/N) go.

"I hope you were joking. You must have a plan to rule over Earth and Cybertron," (Y/N) said

"I have not. You will stay on Earth, you will make no attempt to look for me, and you will not talk about me," I said, "The Decepticons are no more, you are only my lover, not my queen, and Earth will remain the way it is. You are free to do as you wish. I will be exiled from Earth."

"No! You are not abandoning me here alone! At least stay with me! I don't want to be left alone!"

I activated my holoform, "You must, my love. You must move on and start a new... without me."

I know that made (Y/N) upset but it is for her own good. I gave her a kiss and spent a while longer with her. After our final moments together, I had to say goodbye.

"I think I'm going to cry," She said looking away from me

"I did not want to make you unhappy, but you asked me to tame you," I said.

She slightly nodded, "I know."

"Then I have not done you much good, have I? It has all been a waste of time."

She shook her head, "no. Because you wasted so much time on me... you made me feel very important."

"But now I feel sort of responsible for you."

"I should've warned you that would happen," she said with a smile, looking at me, "you always feel responsible for what you've tamed."

She looked away. But the moment she said that I understood everything. She was not like all the other humans or foxes in the world anymore. I had tamed her, and now she was unique, at least to me. As I started to walk away from her, she ran over before I could deactivate my holoform. 

"I brought you a present. It's a secret. So I wrote it down," (Y/N) handed me a piece of paper

I took it from her and gave her a hug. I kissed her cheek before leaving her alone. The last time I saw her, she was sitting in a field.

(Present time...)

"What was the secret?" Optimus asked me

I handed him the piece of paper. 

"It's only with the heart that one can see clearly. What's essential is invisible to the eye," Optimus read aloud.

"Ever since I left her on Earth, I had been searching the galaxy for a planet where I could start a new and to find out what that meant. But I know now what it means," I said

"What does it mean?" Their human friend, Russell, asked

"That what is truly essential cannot be seen with the naked eye. I thought what was essential was to stay away from the planets I tried to harm. But what was truly essential to me was being with (Y/N). That is what brought me back here."

"Then we will all help you find her," Optimus said.

"I will search the interweb for her. If she wants to blend in with humans, she will most likely have a social medium-medical-" Their Minicon, Fix-it, hit his chest, "MEDIA! All humans have one."

"I appreciate the assist, Autobots. When we find her, I will stay out of your way," I said to them

"In the meantime, why don't you help us with capturing the Decepticon fugitives? We could use an extra team member," Bumblebee offered.

I only accepted Bumblebee's offer because I had done nothing else in the past five years and I wanted to do something truly good. So, while the humans and Fix-it were searching for (Y/N), I would assist the Autobots in their missions. I would later learn there was a new bot who was attempting to take my place as leader of the Decepticons.

He resembles an Earth Wolf and his name is Stealjaw. Even though he had my leadership, he closely resembled Starscream with his smarts and cowardness. He was one of the trickier Decepticons to catch. But I would rather be with (Y/N) than catch my old comrades. I hope they find her soon.