Chapter Thirteen: Star Sabers

Some good news, Soundwave decoded the next set of coordinates. So, now we can test our decoy relic to keep the Autobots away. Well, we hope so, anyway. While Soundwave handled that, we went to the real location. We just watched as the troopers and Insecticons worked to dig the relic up. It was getting close to sundown by the time someone found it. We looked to see what it was. It looked like the handle of a sword. 

"It cannot be," Megatron said looking at it

"Be what? I don't understand," I said

"That, my dear, is the Star Saber. A legendary weapon forged by Solus Prime. It's rumored to wield the power of the Matrix. Power of this magnitude must never be allowed to fall into the hands of Optimus Prime... no matter what."

Megatron went closer and tried to take the Star Saber but it wouldn't even move an inch. Megatron's struggle to remove it reminded me of the story of King Arthur. Whoever is able to remove the sword would become the rightful King of England. But I don't think that's the case with this sword. Megatron said it was forged by Solus Prime so, at a guess, only a prime can remove it and Megatron isn't a Prime. He struggled with it until he just stood back and shot at the rock. But there wasn't even a dent in it!

"The rock is impermeable! The relic is emanating a protective shield!" Megatron said

"I think it will only respond to the power of a Prime," I said 

Megatron groaned, "We will remove it if we have to take the entire mountain!"

This should be interesting. So, as night started to fall, the troops got to work destroying as much of the mountain as they could so we could carry it away from here. I'd love to see where we decide to put it. Megatron soon had enough of waiting and just told them to start the transport. The Warship lowered a grappling hook that attached to the rock. But someone started to shoot at us so we couldn't do anything else. It was the new Autobot! Who are they because this is the second time I've seen them! Not even Megatron knew who this was!

They tried to take the Star Saber but they aren't a Prime so it didn't move. A troop shot them in the back causing them to fall. I gave the Warship the command to move the rock so that was flying away now. The new Autobot was taken to us and Megatron asked who they were. It was made clear that they were a male and he wouldn't tell us who he was. Megatron was ready to hit him when we heard blaster fire behind us. Autobots! But where's Optimus? I quickly found him and he was after the Saber!

Megatron and a few troops flew after him while I just climbed and ran to try and catch him. But our efforts didn't do very much because Optimus got a hold of it! As I was close to the edge, I jumped off and Megatron managed to catch me. We went back into the Warship to watch what happened next. By the time we got to the bridge, we saw that Optimus had taken the sword from the rock. Trying to do something about this, Megatron ordered the rock to be dropped on Optimus. So, it was dropped and it started rolling towards Optimus.

But Optimus casually turned around and cut the rock in half! Oh, we are dead. WE ARE SO DEAD! WHAT JST HAPPENED?! The look on Megatron and I's face and the fact that both my ears and tail dropped just could easily tell we knew we were done for. Optimus then used the Star Saber to hit the back of the Warship! We're never going to survive while Optimus has that. So, we left them alone. I don't blame Megatron for making that call. I wouldn't want to stick around. It had been about an hour or so since that happened and Dreadwing came up to us

"Forgive me, Lord Megatron. While I do not question the wisdom of our tactical retreat, know that I am fully prepared to lead the troops in a counterattack against the Autobots," Dreadwing said

"Counterattack? Perhaps you failed to notice Optimus Prime cleave an entire mountain with a single blow," I reminded him

"With the Star Saber in his possession, my enemy can obliterate us all with a wave of his hand!" Megatron said, "I must find a way to tip the balance of power back in our favor."

"Wait, don't we also possess a powerful relic of the ancients?" 

"Indeed the Forge of Solus Prime. But it is useless, except in the hand of a Prime," Megatron started to laugh, "But I might wield that power if I were to control such a hand!"

"What do you mean by that?"

Megatron only smirked and told the troops to head to the Moon. Why the moon? Before we went out into space, Megatron pt on a device that put a shield-like force that covered my body. It was to save me from freezing out in space without a spacesuit on. It was also invisible so I didn't look ridiculous. I still put my mask on so I could breathe. As we reached the dark side of the moon, our Spacebridge appeared. We relocated it here? I thought we put it in another cave.

Megatron took Dreadwing and me to it and we went to the location it was set to. We're on Cybertron. It looks worse in person, to be honest. And it's so dark here. We traveled to an old tomb. Megatron explained that it's the only known tomb to contain the remains of a Prime. They're dead. How will this help? Dreadwing pulled off the lid to reveal the remains. Megatron cut off their right arm and took it back to the warship. What does he plan to do with that? He went to Knockout with it and we didn't see him for a while. Until he asked me to meet him in the room where we were keeping the Forge.

That's when I feared the worst. He had replaced his right arm with the Prime's arm. But now he could use the Prime's arm to properly use the Forge. So, he started to make something with it now that it actually worked. After Soundwave came in saying he had found the next relic, Megatron finished the thing he was working on. It was a Star Saber! But it was purple. Well, as it was made with Dark Energon, The Dark Star Saber would be better. Megatron then left for a few hours. I hope he knows what he's doing.