Chapter Sixteen: Aftermath

I had the troops looking for Autobot remains and anything that would be of use to us. Wheeljack, who was shot down by Starscream, did survive the landing so I ordered him to be taken to Darkmount for questioning. Despite our efforts, the only things that we managed to uncover were Airachnid in a stasis pod and the Forge of Solus Prime. But the Autobots couldn't have had it! We had it! Unless someone in our ranks gave it to them. That would explain how they got to Cybertron in the first place.

But how have they managed to find that but not a single Autobot?! If there are no bodies, then they clearly Groundbridged from their base before it was destroyed. They could be anywhere. Starscream suggested initiating global surveillance to hunt down every last Autobot. I ordered Soundwave to monitor all Earth-based transmissions for any sign of Autobot communication, with each other, or with their human counterparts.

That's when we saw the human military arriving to attempt to destroy us. But we did not need our troops to handle them when we could attack them with new-found might. The Fusion Cannons on Darkmount easily dealt with the humans and destroyed the nearby town. I would love to do more but I have other matters to deal with. Like the situation with my Sparkmate. (Y/N) had been moved to a medical bay in darkmount for better treatment. I went there to see how she was.

"How is she?" I asked Knockout

"Alive but in a bad way. The scans I made showed that she was worse than she looked," Knockout said

"Let me see her."

Knockout took me to (Y/N) and Knockout was right. She was in a worse state than how we found her. She had a cast on her left wrist, a full arm cast on her right, and both of her legs were in a cast.

"What was the damage?" I asked

Knockout looked at his datapad, "Umm, both wrists broken, right arm broken, her shoulder had popped out but that was easily fixed, her right ankle is fractured along with her left leg, and first degree burns. All the breaks and fractures will heal eventually in six to eight weeks, and the burns will heal within a week."

She is worse than I thought. She was still unconscious on the human medical bed. 

"I'm sorry about all this, my liege. But she's lucky to even be alive right now," Knockout said

"Will she survive?" I asked

"If her health keeps improving the way it is, she should make a full recovery. Just give her time."

"She will have all the time she needs as long as she lives."

Knockout nodded. Although I do wish that I was in that way instead of (Y/N). She almost lost her life while I only lost a limb that can be replaced. I did get my arm replaced with my old one again. (Y/N) didn't deserve what happened. I wanted this to be our victory, not her first near-death experience. This may not even be her first but it will certainly be her worse. Once I had my arm replaced and saw that (Y/N) still hadn't woken up, I left to make a deal and a fake piece with the Autobot's human, Agent Fowler. I made the call and he answered so I began to talk.

"A new power dominates your world. Any further attempts to attack me will be met with even greater force. Your leaders should be advised that my Fusion Cannons possess enough firepower to decimate any densely populated area of my choosing. I would in all likelihood set sight on your nation's capital, for starters," I told him

"Point taken. Now, what do you want from us?" Agent Fowler asked

"Nothing, Agent Fowler. The Decepticons mean no harm to humanity. We merely desire a place to call home."

"No offense, Megatron, but I'm having a tough time swallowing all this since you seemed so bent on plastering humankind under molten steel." 

"Agent Fowler, I admit that war brings out the worst in me, but the conflict with the Autobots is now over and our quarrel has never been with your kind. Now that the one true enemy of the Decepticons is no more, my only wish is to coexist on this planet with the human race peacefully. And I would appreciate the assistance of my human's recovery with any human resources you can offer. But together, Agent Fowler, I believe that you and I can make that dream a reality."

I ended the call and walked over to watch the horizon with Starscream

"You, too, have a way with words, Master. I almost believed you myself," Starscream said

I laughed, "The only truth in that is the help with (Y/N)'s recovery. Earth is our planet now, Starscream and we shall finish what we started. Humankind has no idea what lies ahead for them."

Search for the Autobots continued while I waited for any update regarding (Y/N). I'm more concerned about her than anything else at the moment. Never have I ever imagined that I would be so concerned for a human but here I am, pacing around for any update that means I can be with her and talk with her. That's what I miss the most. After a few hours of waiting, Knockout called me with good news. (Y/N) is awake at last. I was quick to go to her where she was, in fact, awake and alert. Knockout had her sitting up now. I activated my holoform and came to her side.

"Megatron!" (Y/N) said when she saw me.

"I'm here. You're in Darkmount, on Earth," I said

"What happened? Did we win?"

I explained to her everything that happened while she was here. She looked at her condition and sighed.

"You will be healing and resting for the time being. I am not letting you go anywhere outside of this fortress," I told her

"Even if she could, she wouldn't get far. She's on bed rest until I say so or until we find a way to keep her around you at all times," Knockout said

"What's the point? I failed you," (Y/N) said to me

"You have not failed me," I said

"Look at me. I'm broken, I'm useless, I'm in pain."

"If you were any other human there on Cybertron, they would be on this bed too. No one could have done any better."

"I could've done better."

It was almost painful to hear her say that. She does not think she did well. 

"You need to stop thinking so little of yourself. Knockout told me you are lucky to be alive. No other human could survive what you have just been through. You have not failed me. I am just happy you are still alive. I love you, (Y/N). No matter what."

(Y/N) gave a small smile and I gave her cheek a gentle kiss as to not hurt her. I would spend most of my time with her after this. I won't let her out of my sights again.