Chapter Fifteen: Darkest Hour

Megatron then took me away claiming he had something for me. We're minutes away from rebuilding Cyberton and he wants to give me something? He took me to my room that was made for me a long time ago and activated his holoform.

"I wanted to give you this a while ago but never found a good opportunity. But now is the best time," Megatron said

He went into my walk-in wardrobe and came back out with a box.

"If we are to take over Cybertron and rule it together, I would like you to look your best," Megatron said placing it on my bed, "When you come to Cybertron when I give the word, wear what's in the box."

"What is it?" I asked

"You will see. But I must go. I'll see you on Cybertron," And he gave me a quick kiss. 

His holoform disappeared and Megatron left. I opened the box to see some orange fabric and diamonds. I took it out to see it was a strapless, high-low, bright orange dress. It was beautiful. I'm definitely going to look my best in this. I put it on and make myself look good before going into the bridge where all eyes went on me. 

And it would seem that Starscream had the excellent plan of capturing the Autobot's human friends. They were going to use them as bargaining chips in case something happened. The humans tried to get me to let them go but that wasn't going to happen. 

Megatron gave the word to Soundwave to open the Spacebridge to Cybertron. I put on my mask and the shield Megatron gave me and went through the Spacebridge to Cybertron with Starscream, Knockout, and Soundwave who had Jack, Raf, and Miko in some cylinder containers.

We arrived at Cybertron to see whatever it was the keys were supposed to activate. All of the Autobots, apart from Ratchet, were there with the relics they stole from us. I could see that the Autobots had taken the keys from us and Megatron wanted them back.

He would give the humans back in exchange for the keys. If they refused, the cylinders would be opened and they would watch them die. It's almost satisfying to see the Autobots in a situation like this. Because the Autobots were taking a while with their choice, Megatron ordered for the cylinders to be opened.

The humans all told him that they were ready to sacrifice themselves for Cybertron just as the Autobots did for them. Optimus decided to surrender and everyone threw over the relics. Everyone got their human partners back in exchange for the Keys. That's when a Spacebridge opened and an army of troops surrounded the Autobots.

Megatron took me and put me on what I assumed was what the keys activate. Everyone put the keys in and used them to make some sort of building all shiny and new. Optimus asked Megatron to allow them to send their back to Earth but Megatron told him that they'd be safer on Cybertron. A Spacebridge opened above the lock and Megatron activated it again making a beam of energy go through it.

I heard Miko ask if the Omega Lock will restore Earth as it did with Cybertron. Turns out it'll Cyber-form our planet killing all life in the process. Megatron teased Optimus about what to call his new domain, Earth. What really set Optimus off was when Megatron suggested 'Gilded Earth' and we all laughed. Optimus turned his hand into a sword attacking our troops and took his Starsaber back which I just realized was fixed.

He chopped off Megatron's new arm and destroyed the Omega lock making it blow up. As I was still standing on it, I tried to quickly jump off to avoid getting hurt but I had jumped too late. The force of the explosion sent me flying farther than I wanted to and I hit the ground. But I don't know what happened because, suddenly, all I saw was darkness.

Megatron's POV:

All around us were fire, smoke, and destruction. I was still recovering from Optimus' attack while Starscream ordered Knockout to attend to me. The Autobots had escaped, however. Well, not for long. Because Starscream had revealed the location of their base, we can now destroy them once and for all.

"Prime! He will pay for dooming Cybertron to remain a lifeless husk!" Starscream yelled

I could only laugh. We haven't lost yet.

"They can run, but they can never again run home," I smirked

I looked around and saw that someone was missing. (Y/N)! She's gone!

"Where is (Y/N)?!" I asked

They all looked around but she was nowhere in sight. Knockout called for me and I ran over to see a sight that I never wanted to see. It was (Y/N) but she had burns, she was bleeding, and I would not be surprised if she had broken something. Knockout tried to get her responsive but she would not respond.

I ordered Knockout to attend to her on the Warship while I finished what we started with the Autobots. We all headed back to the Warship and (Y/N) was taken away. Be strong, my love. You will make it. I ordered the troops to go to my new fortress, Darkmount, which stood right next to the Autobot base. We arrived to see the Autobots outside their base, looking at Darkmount. Starscream had his armada ready to attack.

"Our opportunity to revive Cybertron has been lost due to the treachery of Optimus Prime! But from our fortress of New Kaon, we will instead seize control of this world! Decepticons, transform and rise up!" 

Starscream lead his armada towards the Autobot base and started firing at them. The Insecticon Hive joined the fight as well. They all attempted to fire back and protect themselves but they ultimately went back inside for shelter. One of their human companions attempted to use their helicopter to fend off Starscream and his armada. It was a failed attempt until Wheeljack arrived in his ship and joined in.

I watched the fight unfold from the Warship. This is my revenge for what Optimus did to (Y/N). He will pay for almost taking her from me. The Warship moved to it was over their base. A cannon emerged from underneath and prepared to fire. I happily watched as the base was blown up. All that remained was fire and destruction. I then flew down to meet Starscream in what remained of the Autobot base. 

"This is the place, all right," Starscream confirmed

"This was the place," I corrected

"United we stand, divided they fall."

(A/N: I will admit, my attempt at writing in Megatron's POV wasn't the greatest but I did my best. I'll see you next chapter)