Chapter Eighteen: The Predacon

Practically everyone was terrified to see this creature. And I don't blame them. I mean, I feel like prey to this beast and we're not the same species!

"A Predacon," Starscream said revealing the name of this thing, "They've been extinct since the beginning of Cybertronian history."

"Indeed. But the specimen you see before you was bred in the laboratory, cloned from fossilized remains, which I discovered on Cybertron," Shockwave explained

"Shockwave, it does my spark good to see you once again tampering with creation," Megatron said walking towards it

"Master, please! Keep your distance!" Starscream advised

"No need for alarm. The Beast is completely under my control," Shockwave said

This thing is even bigger than Megatron! I'm surprised he isn't intimidated by this beast! 

"Such primal magnificence," Megatron admired

"A sample of Energon, from Wheeljack," Shockwave said holding up the sample, "spilled during the Autobot's failed interrogation."

Shockwave held it up to the Predacon who just looked at it.

"Let the hunt begin," Megatron said

The Predacon started to go a bit berserk before flying off to find Wheeljack. Now it was time for whatever Shockwave had in store for me. Shockwave came over to me with some red liquid. As I still had an IV in incase I needed pain medication, Shockwave swapped that with the red stuff which slowly went into me. Now we wait.

But since nothing much seemed to happen in the hours we waited for the red stuff to work and waiting for the Predacon to return, I guess I'll just skip to when I got my casts off. It had been at least four hours and Knockout had been scanning me regularly. By the fourth hour, he gave the good news that I could finally get my casts off. He took them off for me but first asked Megatron to activate his holoform to catch me should I fall.

I haven't walked in days and I should feel a little stiff so that's what he was worried about. With Megatron's help, I got out of the chair and tried walking but I stumbled a little. Megatron helped me to walk again and I could finally walk on my own again. Once Megatron let go of me, I walked around before trying running and I was fine. I may have also forgotten there were other people here because I started to dance the same dance I did when Megatron tamed me. But I stopped when I remembered that everyone was watching.

I just thanked Shockwave and just gave a nod. More time passed and the Predacon came back but it hadn't brought Wheeljack. Starscream teased the fact the Predacon can't speak so it can't tell us why it failed. I could see it glare at Starscream for that while it got pets from Shockwave. Trying to be brave, I walked up to the Predacon. It looked at me as I got closer. Once I felt I had gotten close enough, I put my hand up and waited for it to do something. The Predacon slowly came closer before placing its head gently on my hand. Well, now I don't understand why everyone was so scared of it. It's so gentle. I gave it some pets which it seemed to like. 

"The Predacon likes you," Shockwave said.

"I'm half animal. I think that's how we connected," I said

"It would appear you now have a pet of your own, (Y/N)," Megatron said

"I thought it belonged to you or Shockwave."

'I prefer you,' a voice said startling me

"Who said that?" I asked looking around

"Said what?" Starscream asked

"I heard a voice... a voice I've never heard before," I said

I looked for any troops that were with us but there was no one else here aside from the Predacon, Shockwave, Megatron, and Starscream. Curious, I turned to the Predacon and asked if it knew who Shockwave was. I didn't say his name just to test if it knew. It told me Shockwave's name! That's who I heard! It was the Predacon! But how? No one else heard it. Although, because I have a fox side, I can understand other animals like some kind of fairytale princess. Perhaps it works on the Predacon too.

"It was the Predacon. I can understand it," I said as the Predacon gave a shocked look

"Then why can't we understand the beast?" Starscream asked

"I'm part fox, remember? I can understand other Earth animals because I'm almost like them."

"So it is only logical that you can understand the Predacon as well," Shockwave said

I nodded. Megatron looked impressed with this ability that I suppose we both didn't know about. Well, I knew about it but I didn't know it worked with Cybertonion creatures too. So, because I could understand the Predacon and because it seemed to like me, I was its main owner aside from Shockwave and Megatron. The Predacon looked pleased with that and asked if I would like to go on a flight. I said that I would love to if Megatron was alright with it.

Megatron gave a nod with a smile so I got on the Predacon's back and it flew away with me. I held onto the metal plating on its back so I couldn't fall off. I looked back at Darkmount where Megatron watched us fly through the sky. I waved at him and he waved back. But I did want to test something. I stood up as the Predacon flew and started to walk along its back.

I told the Predacon the plan I had and it seemed fine with it. So, I ran to the end of the Predacon and backflipped off of it. Now I'm free-falling. I told the Predacon not to go after me because I wanted to see if Megatron would still catch me if I fell. And he did. He transformed and saved me. 

"Never scare me like that again!" Megatron told me

"Well, at least I proved something," I said

"And what would that be?"

"That, no matter who I'm flying with, you'll always be there to catch me if I fall," I smiled

I can imagine he was smiling too. But now I feel better having something to fly alongside Megatron instead of in his vehicle mode. Not that I mind flying in him, it just feels special both ways. We returned to Darkmount where I gave the Predacon some pets before spending some time with Megatron.