Chapter Four: One Shall Fall

The smell I mentioned Megatron smelled of has started to linger recently. As in, it doesn't go away like it usually does. But I choose to ignore it because I don't know what it is. But he currently has Knockout and me in the control room to talk about something.

"I did not seek out the blood of Unicron To simply keep my spark aflame, but to rule undead armies and conquer worlds, and to accomplish that, I require more than this mere sliver which lies within me. So, where is my Dark Energon?!" Megatron asked turning to us

"Out there, Lord Megatron, just waiting for you to reach out and pluck it," Knockout said enthusiastically

Megatron didn't appreciate that enthusiasm 

"But you shouldn't push yourself so hard. You've had setbacks. You were in stasis," I said trying to save Knockout's comment

Megatron trapped us both so we were face to face with him

"Precisely why I must make up for lost time! I can see the future vividly, but I must ensure its outcome, for I am the rising darkness of which the prophecy speaks!" Megatron said

"Rising Darkness? Prophecy? What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

Megatron put Knockout down and placed me in his hand normally. He started to explain an old prophecy that was told back on Cybertron. I didn't really understand it but I had to explain that maybe the prophecy wasn't talking about Megatron. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, I'm just saying that it's a possibility. I personally don't believe this kind of superstitious stuff but if Megatron is vividly seeing the future, then he might be the rising darkness.

But he started getting anxious with invading human facilities for equipment to create a Spacebridge. I led most of the missions due to being stealthy and Soundwave was the same. A few days of this goes by and we just had one last thing to get. A power source. A spider bot named Airachnid knew where one was. She wanted to make a plan to tunnel in and sneak it out but Megatron was growing impatient. The prophecy was almost here so we can't afford stealth anymore. So, I was assigned this field mission.

I don't know why I've been given so many but I'm not going to argue. Just like Megatron said, we didn't use any stealth in this mission. The troopers just blew the place up. We got the power source so I guess it doesn't matter. Just as we were waiting for the Warship to pick us up, Autobots arrived and started to shoot at us. I just took out my sword and blocked the hits while the troops just fired back. And we got air support.

While I had the opportunity, I called Megatron saying we had what we needed but the Autobots had arrived. I didn't hear much from him afterward. So, keep fighting. By the time Megatron arrived, all the troopers were dead but not one of them dared to even shoot at me. What makes me different from them? Megatron landed beside me and ordered me to stand down so I did.

"Optimus," Megatron greeted

"Megatron, do you not see the folly in trying to force a prophecy to fruition?" Optimus asked him

"Why leave matters to fate if one can forge one's own destiny? Ah, speaking of fate."

The Autobot scout, Bumblebee, walked up behind them with a human in his hands. The human was unconscious and barely breathing. Megatron's next comment made me guess what had happened.

"Ah-ha. It would seem I swatted a Bee and squashed a bug."

Megatron had shot Bumblebee with the human inside. Bumblebee was not happy with that comment and aimed his blasters at Megatron but Bulkhead stopped him. Megatron smirked at what he had done. Optimus ordered a Groundbridge back to their base.

"Well done on today's mission, my pet. I assure you that it will be worth it once we return to the Warship," Megatron said to me

"I'm glad I made you proud, master," I said with my first smirk since joining the ranks

"Megatron, you can not keep a human against their will," Optimus spoke up

"Who says she is here against her will? (Y/N) is with us at her own choice. And she is a very obedient little fox," Megatron said smirking

The warship appeared over us and the Autobots left. The Warship took Megatron and me inside with the power source. We arrived at the control room where Megatron awarded me something that wasn't chicken. For my performances lately with leading a team and finding Energon, I was upgraded to Second in Command. I thought that was being given to Airachnid, not me. I accepted it either way as he clearly trust me with the position.

We made our way to the construction site of the Spacebridge but I was becoming more concerned for Megatron. He was just pacing and his eyes had now turned purple. That's also when I noticed that the smell on him had grown stronger. Stronger than I could handle.

I had no shame plugging my nose at this point. My sense of smell is stronger than humans and Cybertronions so they can't smell what I'm smelling. I need a proper noseplug at this point. I just had to unplug it to talk so I didn't sound ridiculous. 

"The power source will be rigged in no time, Lord Megatron. We're nearly at the construction site," I said trying not to gag at the strong scent of rotting corpses. 

"'Nearly' isn't good enough. The spheres are aligning. I must not miss my moment to-" Megatron cut himself off

"Lord Megatron, are you all right?"

"Yet again, it is as if I can hear Unicron's thoughts."

"Unicron, the chaos bringer?" Airachnid asked

"They say Dark Energon is his blood. Heh, whatever," Knockout said

"Complete the space bridge. There is something I must attend to," Megatron said walking off

"Does he seem to be losing it?" Knockout asked

"A bit," I said

While he was gone, I had to ask what this Dark Energon was. Knockout explained that Dark Energon was different compared to normal Energon. Normal Energon gives them fule and ammunition while Dark Energon can bring bots back from the dead and Megatron could control them like puppets. Okay, the whole 'bringing the dead back to life' part explains the smell. And if Megatron has some inside of him, that also explains the visions of this Dark Energon is Unicron's blood.

Whatever he is. While Megatron was gone, we were under attack by Optimus! Over the comms, Optimus said that he was here and he wanted Megatron to come back and face him. But Megatron had other plans. He warned that anyone who laid a hand on Optimus would answer to him and told Soundwave to Groundbridge Optimus to him. I wish I could see the outcome of this battle but we're too far away.

I ordered the crew to fly to Megatron's location in case he needed us once the battle was over. I feel so powerful being Second in Command. But I won't take it for granted. I'm going to use this position wisely and not how Starscream used it. Just trying to make my master proud.