Chapter Twenty-Five: An unexpected turn

With nothing much to go by, it was taking longer to find (Y/N) than we wanted. I gave them the only picture I had of her to get an idea of what she might look like today. Nothing on the World Wide Web, nothing on human Television, nothing anywhere. But it was currently late at night and most of the others had time to do whatever they wanted.

As I had nothing to do, I stayed with Russell to watch what he was watching. It was any human movies that were on the local television. I was not that interested until it ended and it changed to late-night interviews. I was ready to leave when I heard the interviewer mentioned the name of his guest: (Y/N) (L/N). I looked to the television to see if it was really her.

She never mentioned a last name when we were together so I was taking my chances. And the girl I knew walked into frame. It was her. It was (Y/N)! Before Russell could turn it off, I told him that's who I was looking for. Russell's father, Danny, seemed to already know her. (Y/N) had become a motivational speaker, she became famous through an autobiography she wrote about her life, and speaking out about the hunting of her kind.

She had taken out any mention of Autobots and Decepticons but did mention me as the man who helped her stand up for herself. I watched the interview where she smiled almost the entire time. She wasn't even hiding her fox features. She just accepted them as a part of her. It was almost rare to see her smile before the war ended. She's changed so much and she's so happy. But a question that was asked made my spark drop.

"How's your son been?" The interviewer asked

"He's great. He's going to school soon and I don't think he's been happier," (Y/N) said smiling

"Have you ever told him about his father? He must be curious if his Friends all have fathers and he doesn't."

(Y/N)'s ears dropped a little, "Mochi asked recently about his dad. I just tell him something he should be able to understand. As you know, my boyfriend was an army soldier and he was commissioned somewhere that he couldn't even tell me about. He was missing in action not long after. So, I tell Mochi that his father is out somewhere trying to save the world and he will send his father good luck every night before bed."

(Y/N)... has a son? Did she really move on from me and find someone new? I refused to believe that. I asked Danny if she ever found someone else. Danny revealed that he did not know. She was very private about her love life and the only man she has ever mentioned is me. But did she really find someone else after I left? After some more research, Fix-it found out that (Y/N) lived in America but would travel for interviews or conventions.

I thanked the Autobots for their help before leaving for (Y/N)'s new home. A mansion in the more wooded areas of America. I landed near some trees and stayed there until (Y/N) got back. When she did, she went straight inside to greet her son. I did not walk in just in case she saw me as a threat. But, the next morning, she took the boy outside to play in the garden.

The boy had a pair of ears and a tail like his mother, his hair was mixed between grey and (H/C), and it looked like his eyes were red. I activated my holoform and stepped out of the trees. While the boy played, he almost immediately noticed me and pointed me out to (Y/N). (Y/N) looked over from where she was and did not say a word. She stood up and walked closer. 

"Megatron?" (Y/N) asked

"I have returned to you, my love," I said

Recognizing my voice, (Y/N) ran the rest of the way over to me and hugged me. I hugged her back, missing the feel of her warm embrace. But I had to know something so I separated the hug.

"The boy. Who does he belong to?" I asked

"Megatron, Mochi is your son. Remember our final moment together? Well, your son was the result of it," (Y/N) explained

A son? My son? I have a son that I abandoned five years ago? I looked over to my son, or Mochi, who was staying away from me. I assumed (Y/N) told him to not talk to strangers. (Y/N) noticed and encouraged him to come over. He slowly walked over to us. When he got close enough, (Y/N) brought him closer to me.

"Do you remember when I told you about your daddy?" (Y/N) asked Mochi

"Yeah," Mochi said

"Well, he's come home. Mochi, this is your dad. Megatron, this is your son, Mochi."

Mochi looked at me. I kneeled to his height and waited for him to do something. He just took in my features before giving me a big hug. I hugged him back, smiling. I have never been happier to meet my own flesh and blood. Being only five years old, he did not hesitate to call me 'Daddy'. I am just happy to finally be with my family after so long.

Mochi dragged me to where he was playing and showed me all of his toys while (Y/N) watched from a distance. I feel terrible for leaving (Y/N) with our son for so long but it looked like they managed. (Y/N) soon took Mochi in for lunch and I followed them. While Mochi was busy watching a children's show, (Y/N) and I talked about the years we've been away from each other.

She had become somewhat of a celebrity while I have been away and explained that it had been hard to look after Mochi alone. She had not once tried dating another in the hopes that I would, one day, return. The moment she told me that, I had to tell her that I assumed she was with another and that was why Mochi was here. She forgave me for thinking that. But we both promised each other to have no more children until we were married. I am quite satisfied with Mochi until then.