Chapter Twelve: The Human Factor

So something strange has just occurred. Breakdown's signal has suddenly popped back online while it appears a bit corrupted. Megatron ordered Knockout to investigate but to be cautious as it may be an Autobot trick. But what Knockout came back with wasn't Breakdown. It looked like him but he was all rusty and looked like Frankenstein's monster but instead, the whole experiment went right. What are we looking at?

"Knockout, what is this abomination?! And why have you brought it here?" Megatron asked

"I am Silas, as in cybernetic life augmented by symbiosis. I come with a proposition," It said

Wait a minute. I know that name and that voice. He once hunted me! I just barely managed to escape him and he's been searching for me ever since. 

"This is the human who dissected Breakdown," Knockout said making his saw appear, "Please, my liege, allow me to return the favor."

"And this is one of many humans who hunted me and tried to experiment on me!" I said

"Ah, I remember you. Long time no see, fox," Silas said

I just glared at him.

"I propose that you not overlook the one asset that provides Optimus Prime an advantage at least, on this world," Silas said to Megatron

"And that would be?" Megatron asked

"The human factor."

"Look around you, Silas! I command an army from a mighty warship and (Y/N) rules beside me as my Queen. What could a human possibly offer?" 

"I am no ordinary human, and this is no ordinary weapon."

Silas began to explain what he had brought with him. It was a weapon he designed while in the military. A satellite with a laser that could destroy anything on the planet.

"A threat to anyone, anywhere on the planet?" Megatron asked

"With pinpoint accuracy at the flick of a switch," Silas said

"And what is it that you wish in return?"

"Merely a place at the table."

I could only gare at Silas. He dares to try and take my place as the only human on the ship when I have served Megatron longer and better than this power-hungry human who will use anything he can find to be the best human on Earth. That's why he hunted me. One of his soldiers saw me and told Silas about me. He planned to use me to make the ultimate super-soldier. I escaped before he could do anything to me.

I think you could see how much I hated Silas just being here. So, we sent some troops and Soundwave to Colorado to get access to the satellite's controls. Megatron put me on his shoulder while we watched events unfold with the Autobots should they arrive. The Autobots did arrive but Bulkhead wasn't there. But there was someone new. Who's that? It doesn't matter. I want Silas gone but Megatron wants me to give him a chance first.

Oh, I'll give him a chance, and then I'll make sure he turns into scrap metal. But, when Megatron said that the Autobots had arrived, Silas dared to tell him to relax. He's a bot with severe anger issues, that won't be happening. But Silas assured him that even though we can't control the satellite on the warship, Soundwave can since he's hacked into the mainframe. So, Silas launched the satellite and Megatron told Soundwave to test the device.

It worked just as Silas described and was impressing Megatron. I didn't like that one bit. Soundwave kept the satellites fire on the Autobots while we watched. But it soon came up that someone else was trying to control the satellite. Soundwave Tracked it to Jasper Nevada. That's where the Autobots humans live. I suggested to Silas to handle the problem. He was thinking that maybe someone else was better for the task but I yelled at him to go. I want him out and I don't care if it's a mission or dead! As long as he's off the warship! He left. 

"You really won't give Silas a chance, will you?" Megatron asked

"I don't care if he's human or Cybertronion, I don't want him in the ranks. He can die for all I care," I said

"Then maybe this will make you feel better; If his device ends up in Autobot hands or destroyed, you will have the pleasure of telling him he's earned his place at the table."

"What?!"

"Knockout's dissection table."

Well, that definitely put me in a better mood. I would love to tell Silas that. Payback for what he tried to do to me. But it wasn't long until Soundwave showed us that the humans were still trying to hack into the satellite. It shouldn't be so hard to kill them when he has a gun on his shoulder! Megatron tried to ask him why he couldn't do that one task but we got no answer. But we soon had full control of the satellite so now we can handle the humans ourselves.

Soundwave stopped attacking the Autobots and let the satellite fly to Jasper Nevada and aim at the house they were in. But we didn't destroy it. Because they had moved the satellite! Megatron was obviously not happy but I couldn't have been happier. Silas isn't joining the ranks. Megatron told Silas to come back as Soundwave sent a groundbridge to him. Along with that, the satellite had lost control and burned up coming back down to Earth. Megatron put me down as I was ready to give Silas my good news.

"Silas, you have earned your place at the table," I said

"Lady (Y/N), I am honored," Silas said bowing

"Knockout's dissection table."

Silas looked horrified at my last statement. He turned around to see Knockout with his battle spear ready to stun him.

"Breakdown would be tickled," Knockout smirked

"No, Lord Megatron. Why?" Silas asked

"Because Damocles was the best you had to offer, and it is no more. The human factor did indeed tip the scales in favor of our enemies," I said smirking

Knockout stunned Silas and he fell to the ground. I walked over to Silas' right while Knockout appeared on his left.

"He will be a fascinating case for study," I said to Knockout

"I will leave no fiber or fiber optic unexamined," Knockout said

Knockout tapped the socket where Breakdown's eye used to be before Silas was dragged off. Silas screamed and yelled begging us not to let this happen but we didn't save him. He was dragged away and I have never seen him since. I think it's best for both of us.