Chapter Ten: Flying Mind

It was revealed that the Autobot Bulkhead had destroyed the core of the ship to, most likely, get off. With our ship on the ground and the Autobots now knowing where we are, we need to repair the ship and get it off the ground. But Dreadwing said that it would take time to fix everything and get the ship airborne. Time that we most likely don't have. So, Megatron had an alternative idea. He was going to use Dark Energon to fix the ship instantly and have a link to it through the one in his spark.

I'm not sure about that last part. I'm already thinking of the smell that will cover the whole ship. Knockout advised against using Dark Energon but Megatron did it anyway. And the Dark Energon smell is back on Megatron again. I'm now going to test out this mask he gave me because I cannot live with the stench of Dark Energon. I pressed the button and my mask was on. Surprisingly, it works like a charm. I can't smell it anymore. And I didn't realize until I looked at the reflection on Megatron's leg that it had a fox design on it.

But, with the new Energon now in the ship's power core, everything turned purple and any screens had turned red. After returning to the bridge, Soundwave revealed that the Autobots had arrived. So, the ship started to shoot at them while the Autobots attempted to get closer. But something happened. When Bumblebee attempted to get closer, he was hit by a bean that put him in stasis. The ship has a stasis beam? It got the rest of the Autobots rather quickly. Did we win? Megatron saw that the Autobots had brought the Spark Extractor and ordered the troops to go closer to get it. But we started flying away from it.

"What?! Where are you going?! I said closer!" Megatron said to a trooper

"Lord Megatron, the ship seems to be navigating itself." The trooper said

"Override."

Well, he tried that but we didn't go closer to it.

"The systems are bypassing manual contro-" The trooper got shocked by the console it was at and fell to the floor. 

"It appears the ship now possesses a will of its own," Knockout said

"Impossible! Trace the problem to its source and fix it!" Megatron ordered

"Do not tamper with my systems! This will be your only warning!" A voice said

"Warning?!"

"My mission assumes priority. Any Cybertronian who interferes will be neutralized."

"My own vessel dares to address me in threatening tones?!"

Soundwave pointed to a screen that showed the ship decoding the Iacon Database and it already had a location decoded. 

"It also seems to be doing a better job of decoding the project Iacon database than we were. It's already deciphered a new set of coordinates," I said

Soundwave showed us a map of where we're going

"And judging by our current course, that is precisely where the ship is headed," Dreadwing said

"As I desire. You see, this warship is nothing more than an extension of my very will," Megatron said

"Your will is nothing. The Iacon artifact will belong to me," The ship said

"I am Lord Megatron! I command you to cease operations!"

"You are no longer in command."

The ship made a noise that seemed to only be heard by Megatron and I. But Megatron quickly recovered. 

"Regain control of this vessel by any means necessary," Megatron ordered

Soundwave tried but he was shocked into stasis.

"All hands, cut power to the mainframe, and disconnect data relays now!" I ordered hoping to fix this

Everyone ran to fix this but I watched one team get up into stasis. It was just a stasis wall that came after them. It didn't affect me but now I felt alone. I searched everywhere for anyone who was still active but they were all frozen. I'm all alone. I tried contacting anyone who was still awake but no one answered. Not even Megatron. Alright, I need to fix this on my own, then. 

But it wasn't long until I found the Autobots human pets. Assuming they were a threat, I was ready to attack them but they stopped me saying they were trying to help. I hate to admit it but I do need their help. So, we formed an alliance but just this once. Everyone introduced themselves before Agent Fowler asked Ratchet why a Cybertronian relic be doing in America. The relics were sent out into spaces and landed on Earth years before the city was built on top of it. But the ship is giant.

If it wants that relic, it'll need to move some building out of the way. Like blowing up the city. Ratchet suggested trying to change the ship's course by disabling the Navigation Module. Fowler tried to do it but he got electrocuted. A camera came out of the ceiling and scanned for us but it wasn't looking for life forms like us. Just other Cybertronians. But once it raises its search parameters, we're definitely dead.

"I'm bridging you back," Ratchet said.

"No," Jack said, "There are millions of lives at stake in New York, and we four are currently the only ones who can do anything about it."

"You're out of your element, Jack. These readings, the ship's rapid recovery all point to the fact that Megatron employed Dark Energon to repair it."

"That's right, he did. I can smell it so I put the mask on to stop it. It smells horrible," I said

"Hold on. If you're saying the ship is fueled by dark Energon, we can dump it, right?" Jack asked

Ratchet hummed, "You'll need to reserve the warship's Energon infuser."

"Follow me. I'll take you there," I said

So, I led them to the power core. But Megatron is there too. He had the same idea. Then Ratchet gave the good news that the ejection valve can only be operated manually. Lovely. Jack and I climbed up Megatron and tried our best to make this switch move. But no luck. Megatron is literally a million times heavier than us. We'll never flip the switch. The ship caught Miko and Raf. They started to run for it while Jack and I work out some kind of plan.

The ship was trying to use a claw to get them, maybe we can use it to our advantage. Make it like a claw machine game. Jack got its attention and made it grab Megatron to tip him over. And it worked. The Dark Energon was ejected from the power core. But now Megatron was awake. I told the humans to go while I checked on Megatron. He woke up properly and looked at the lever he was holding onto before.

I explained what happened with me and the humans but he got upset at the fact I might've accidentally given them the opportunity to download the Iacon Database. Okay, I didn't think about that. We looked for the consol I found them at but, by the time we arrived, Knockout had let them escape with the four coordinates that the ship had decoded. But we still have them. Time to start looking for more relics.