|30|「 Worth It」

Chapter 30

_______________

Midoriya woke up in a soft warm bed.

His bandages were fresh and clean but his body barely ached from the pain he got the other day.

He heard noises as if people were talking, but they were fading in and out.

"......... Under my watch, why is he here?"

"If he was under your watch you would.....was taken here."

"That doesn't matter right now, why did no one.... here,"

"Because the...... you're a dick,"

"Tch, I'm taking him."

"I'll have to stop you right there,"

Midoriya peeked out to see what the fuss was all about.

A red-winged man was blocking All Might who was about 7 feet high.

A woman who had blonde hair came into the room. She dressed professionally but her face was basically emotionless with a plastic smile. From her nose up her face was covered with a black mask that she held up with a stick that was attached.

"Hawks, let them leave, we've got all the information we need already," She looked over to Midoriya, her smile widening, "He's already awake, so he can just leave."

They looked over to Midoriya who's eyes were drooping.

"Make sure to sign him out and leave,"

None of them had denied or agreed but they just went along with it. She turned around ready to leave the room but stopped to say something.

"Oh, and Hawks, will you escort Mr. Might to U.A,"

"Yes,"

Her grey metallic eyes could be seen through the eyeholes of the mask.

She nodded to him and left as if trying to leave a good first impression.

Hawks closed the door behind her and let out a curse.

"Why do I have to escort your bodybuilder, crusty lips ass."

"Weren't you the one asking me for something, midget,"

"I'm not short you're just an abnormal giant, blockhead"

A small dried chuckled came from the side of the room where Midoriya was.

They looked over to Midoriya was now coughing since his throat was dry.

Hawks harden the feather that was in his hand and hit Midoriya in his head.

'Bonk'

_________________

All Might signed Midoriya and carried him a van that Hawks was supposed to drive. Only those three would be in the car until they get a teleporter at the next gate.

"You know... I didn't mean it about the blockhead thing, right," Hawks muttered as he gripped the steering wheel.

All Might looked away, "Hm,"

"Come on, it was a, my bad situation; she was coming so I had to say something."

All Might sighed and looked over to him but to Hawks, it looked like All Might was frowning with his sunken eyes.

"Alright, can we get to business before we reach the next gate?" Hawks let out a ragged breath.

"You said you wanted a favor earlier?" All Might cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, about that; I heard that there's something new going on at U.A."

"Oh really, like what?"

"Tch, you know,"

"Know what,"

Hawks sighed, there was no way he was going to compete with someone who's a professional longer than him and especially stubborn.

"We both know that U.A normally trains their prisoners and then send them out with little to no experience when fighting enemies,"

"Hm,"

"I heard that U.A is setting up a system that offers more skills so they won't die on the battlefield."

"What does that have to do with you, you're already a professional,"

"I don't want to! But there are some kids that I know have potential and I think it's a good idea to make them be in that system."

"You want me to put your favorites on the list, you have some guts asking me for that,"

"I know, but they've been in there since childhood and I know what it feels like," Hawks hesitated, "I got an opportunity so I want to allow them to do something with their lives,"

All Might paused before answering.

He sighed, "Fine, I'll put them on the tryout list, they'll have to earn their spot,"

"Earn it?"

"Don't worry about that,"

"Tch, alright, here's the list of the kids' names on the list,"

Hawk's feather floated and grabbed a paper and gave it to All Might.

"All these kids?"

"Yeah,"

"Hmph, let's see if they're worth it," 

________________________

A/N

Did y'all love the cliffhanger....I did.

The only reason I did it was because someone said my book was cliche as hell.

So yeah, heck I was thinking of ending it right there and then.

Hope ya'll enjoyed it because that's arc one....not.

I've only finished some of it there's only a little left so don't worry about it.

__________________________

To Be Continued