Andrew Stewart

You wake up in a puddle of drool with scriptures stuck to your face, and your phone is ringing. Judging by the fact you hear Fall Out Boy, that's Jason calling. Every contact in your phone has a specific artist. You don't really know why, it just makes them easier to identify without looking. Ok.... Now all you need to do is FIND your phone. Oh, look, right in front of you as usual. Right as you pick it up, He hangs up. Your phone vibrates with a text.

JT: Are you even UP yet? We're going to be late. Kid wants to see all of us today, He is giving us the information about his old colleges.
AS: SERIOUSLY?
JT: Yep, so get your ass in gear.
AS:OK, OK. OH YEA BEFORE I FORGET!
JT: What?
AS: Let me call you, its YOUR birthday, not mine.
JT: okay.....

You stop texting him and throw on some clothes that aren't quite as dirty, you don't really care, you have combat scenario training first thing with Jason, you'll just wear your combat clothes for the rest of the day.
You start walking out the door and dial Jason's number.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself, Happy birthday, you on your way out?"
"Yea, you?"
"Yea, You woke me up, I was up all night reading those scripts. Are you alright? You normally aren't this quiet."
"I don't know what it is, Kid is finally giving us the information we want, Im finally old enough to turn you into a shadow weapon, and Im on my way to see you and everyone else, I should be happy, but I'm not. Im missing something Andrew, I just don't know what."
There is nothing but silence on the line before you hear his voice cracking, almost like he is in tears.
"I gotta go dammit I'll see you at school."
"Ok, if you want to talk later you know you can talk to me."
"Thanks........"
And he hangs up. You feel terrible for him, less than 2 years ago his sister, head of police forces out side of the meister academy in the Virginia district was killed in a mob. His brother was killed by the SWMA about 4 years back, his soul was kishin. His mother dumped him with his grandparents who died recently, about 6 months ago, in a car accident outside of your home county, coming home with his dogs, the only things that survived the crash with the oncoming 18 wheeler.
You really didn't know what to say, or do for that matter. You were never good with comforting people, but you try your hardest.
You let out a heavy sigh and head out the door of your apartment, and head for the bus stop.
You already know that today is going to crash and burn, you've always been able to sense a bad day. Almost like a nagging sense of doom.