Outing

Jason's POV

You stand in front of the mirror in your bathroom, the cool tile floor makes you feel refreshed while you stand, prepping for the evening. You can't seem to get your new hair style just right, with your signature shock of blonde hair on your left side, mixed with your dominant black hair. You look closely into the mirror, your bright emerald colored eyes are brighter than ever. You check your shirt and belt before walking out, the motion lights powering off behind you.

You sit on the couch with your dogs, the only family you really have left, at least that's what is seems like some days. Bolt and Mingo sit on opposite sides of you. Bolt, your German Shepard, is looking at you excitedly. Mingo, your Husky, lays on his back, his legs flayed everywhere, almost as if he was trying to stand on ice. The two of them, the only survivors of the crash, are the only ones who have kept you stable, while you are alone at least. You look around the room, at the memorial for your grandparents and sister. the framed news paper announcing your brother's capture and execution, a letter from your mother, justifying why she abandoned you, and absolutely nothing of your father.
Sitting in this empty house..... with no one, nothing but your painful memories and your dogs, who on the worst of days can't keep you together... it makes you want to break, and quit. You can't,you couldn't do that to them. Your sister... you joined the academy to be like her. Your grandparents, they took you in, they raised you from the dirt, and gave you a life worth living. If you gave up, their effort would go to waste.... you couldn't do that to them.

You feel as though you are close to tears when you hear the doorbell ring. Its already 5 o'clock, you've been sitting on your ass being miserable for an entire hour.... not even close to a record. unfortunately.... You get up, as the bell rings for a second time. You shout to the door to announce your coming to the door. You open it up and your weapon stands in front of you, still more than half a foot taller than you, an amount that you have to look up to view him. He is smiling from ear to ear at first, and then he sees that you are distressed. His smile quickly fades as you start to break down again. He quickly leads you to the couch, where Bolt and Mingo are eagerly waiting to see that you are ok. Andrew sits on the couch next to you as you curl up on the couch. You see him send a quick message before returning his phone to his pocket. The two of you sit without saying a word as your breathing steadies and you stop sputtering. A seemingly endless ten minutes passes before he speaks.

"Are you ok?"

"Yea.... yeah..... I... I guess so..."

"Do you want to talk?"

"I guess."

"Should I start?"

"I don't know.... I guess."

You feel him move closer to you and feel him move your head to view him. His sky blue eyes almost look right through you, instantly calming you. You can hear his breathing, it is slow, and steady, you remember all of the tricks in resonating, and try to match his breathing rate. Instantly, you feel more connected, empathy linking makes you feel infinitely better. Andrew has always been the one to calm you down.

"Is it your family again?"

"Yeah... I just... I really miss them. I wish that they were still around... I just hate being alone in this stupid house. I want someone with me. I get.... I get scared... I'm just... afraid that if I stay alone for too long then I might stay that way."

"Jason.... You know that we are your family too right? All of us. Look, everyone is out in the limo, we're going to forget about all of this, and we're all going out to celebrate."

"Li... Limo? What? Kid sent a freaking limo?"

"Yeah, he did, now are you gonna get up off the couch and tell your dogs goodbye or are we going to sit here for an hour?"

You smile again, you love it when he does that, his sarcastic energy never fails to make you happy.

"Alright alright. Bolt, Mingo, behave, I will be back later ok?."

Your two best friends look at you with happy energy, and walk with you to the door. You practically run down the stairs with Andrew to the waiting black limo, complete with SWMA crossed scythes emblem and polished black finish.

SoulStuckजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें