- 55 -

Calem wouldn't consider himself the jealous type. He usually doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. But as [Name] and Ash continued to make small talk, he could feel the negative emotions rising out of him. Despite that, Calem didn't want to be regarded as possessive for trying to keep [Name] to himself. It wouldn't be right. He had to control these negative emotions. And so, he let [Name] and Ash interact with each other. If [Name] seemed happy talking to Ash, then it was fine for him too.

Calem knew Ash was trying his best to fix his mistakes but it annoyed him to no end. Ash kept following [Name] around like a lost puppy and always offering to assist her in anything. And [Name] didn't seem to mind! Calem even wished for [Name] tell him off. At one point she did, satisfying Calem. But after that, she just let it happen. Calem didn't know if it was because she missed talking with Ash or what. He just didn't like it.

If [Name] was thirsty, Ash would offer his own bottle of water. If [Name] was hungry, Ash would give her a snack. [Name] was cold, Ash would offer his jacket. Calem even thought that if [Name] wanted a kiss, Ash would immediately offer to give her one. It infuriated him.

Calem wasn't the only one to notice Ash's behavior. Bonnie had made a comment about Ash and [Name]'s roles switched. [Name] used to be the one following Ash around but now it was Ash following [Name] around. Now obviously, Calem didn't let Ash have all of [Name]'s attention. Whenever Ash made conversation with [Name], Calem would butt it just to get [Name]'s attention. It worked for a while but Ash soon got her attention back.

Bonnie, who was sitting on the seats next to the others, had on a nervous smile on her face. She had witnessed the whole scene unfold the minute Ash began his puppy phase. She could just see the ears and tails on Ash and Calem as they both desperately fought for her attention. She felt bad for [Name].

"What are you laughing at, Bonnie?" Clemont asked his little sister, who was sitting opposite of her.

"Oh, nothing. Just saw two dogs fighting for their owner's attention," Bonnie replied and went back to interacting with Dedenne and Squishy. Clemont stared at her confused before going to back reading his book.

Serena was leaning against her left arm, looking out the window and seeing the trees whiz on by. Her blue orbs shift over to Ash, noticing the emotion in his brown eyes she had never seen. Serena had sat next to Ash, hoping to make small talk with him. But that idea was thrown out the window the minute Ash began talking to [Name].

She felt left out and a little jealous. Ash had never shown that emotion to her nor anyone else except for [Name]. Serena had thought she and Ash had grown closer since [Name] left but that obviously wasn't the case. Ash still harbored feelings for [Name], anyone could see that. Ash was still too out of reach for Serena. Even if Serena tried to make a move on him, it would be no use. Ash would never feel the same way.

Suddenly, [Name] stood up from her seat and went to sit next to Bonnie. Serena watched as Ash quickly stood up from his seat to follow her but Calem also had the same idea and soon began to argue who got sit with her. Calem would shove Ash and Ash would shove Calem right back.

"That's it!" [Name] fumed, grabbing at her hair and yanking Ash and Calem's arms.

She sat Ash next to Clemont and Calem next to Bonnie before pulling the siblings up. Clemont then sat next to Serena and Bonnie in front of him with [Name] next to her.

[Name] sat down in front of Serena angrily and crossed her arms. "Honestly. I've had it with those two. What's their deal?"

[Name] leaned on her right arm and glanced out the window. Serena was staring at her with surprise until [Name] glanced at her out the corner of her eye. Serena jumped in her seat before going back to looking out the window. In the reflection, she could just barely see Ash and Calem glaring daggers at each other.