- 57 -

[Name] and Calem weave through crowds of people in Lumiose City as they made their way to one destination in mind: The Kalos League. Tomorrow will be the day when they will battle many strong Trainers throughout the region and hopefully have what it takes to become Champion. But for now, they would have to register for the Kalos League.

[Name] breathes hard as she stares up at the stadium with a huge grin. The excitement that was bottled up was ready to explode at any minute. Calem was equally as excited. He never thought he'll ever enter a league in his life. He had always watched in through his Tv and yet, here he was with the person he cares about.

"All of Lumiose City here is infected with the Kalos League fever, and excitement is in the air thanks to all the fans eagerly awaiting for the start of the tournament," The reporter of the news announced as she was seen all across many screens. "I'm Malva, who will be reporting from the Kalos League here. I'm planning to do on the spot interviews with participating Trainers right away!"

Malva runs off as the people working behind the camera slouch down from exhaustion. Jessie, James, and Meowth decided to help with filming but never realized how hard it actually was. Of course, once Jessie reminds them of the rare Pokemon presented here and the money they'll earn, they bounce back up

"Do you think Ash and the others are here yet?" [Name] wondered as they walked towards the entrance of the stadium.

Calem shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure."

When morning came at the Flowerfield Valley, the group of friends wondered what the plan was next. Ash wanted to go visit Goodra, a Pokemon he left back at the wetlands, while [Name] and Calem wanted to take a monorail back to Snowbelle City and train for the league. The group parted ways with the promise to meet at the Kalos League.

Just before the pair could enter, a familiar voice hindered them in the steps. [Name] glanced up at the large screen ahead and smiled upon seeing Ash and Pikachu on screen. Calem merely rolled his eyes but watched with a smile, interested in what his rival wanted to say.

"Uh, I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town," Ash said with a smile on his face.

"A word on your ambitions for this tournament, please," Malva politely inquired.

"Okay. I am, of course, aiming to win the entire thing!" Ash declared, confidence radiating off of him. Every Trainer participating as well stopped to listen, curious about this teenage boy. "I will win, win, and keep winning! I'll win the league, no matter what! But..."

[Name]'s smile disappeared off her face upon seeing Ash's expression changing into a serious one.

"...someone important to me made a promise about battling me at the Kalos League," Ash said, his eyes softening. "She hopes to show me how much she's grown, despite everything that went on between us. [Name], if you're listening, then you better prepare for our battle! Show me how much you've grown and prove the old me wrong!" Ash soon bashfully rubbed the back of his head. "Now I've said it, huh...?"

He remembered my wish from the letter, [Name]'s smirked and turned her hands to fists. I can't wait for our battle, too. I'll show you how much I've improved. I'm not the same [Name] as before, so be ready!

"There is our declaration of victory! Please do your best!" Malva cheered on before moving onto her next victim.

Calem shook his head but he still had the smile on his face. He turned to face [Name] and asked, "Do you want to go sign up now? The deadline is about to end soon."

"Sure," [Name] agreed.

Without warning, Calem grabbed [Name]'s hand and pulled her along. [Name] lightly blushed yet couldn't help but grin at Calem's gesture and hold his hand back.