- 14 -

I don't know when I started to distance myself from [Name]. For as long as I could remember, [Name] and I have been such close friends; we did everything together. Our parents even joked once saying that before we were born, the two of us always desired to be together from our mother's wombs causing them to stick together throughout their pregnancy. So when did I begin ignoring [Name], the person whom I was so close to? I even considered her my sister and sometimes...my g-g-girl...a best friend.

Maybe it had something to do with us arriving in a new region and my urge of making new friends? Getting to the Pokemon League? No, I know very well it wasn't that. It's the only way I can keep the guilt down or do I even feel guilty of leaving [Name]?

When did I start ignoring her?

Was it when Prof. Sycamore said she could be a strong Trainer?

"Hey, Ash, guess what?" she smiled brightly at me.

"Hm? What is it?" I asked, turning my full attention to her something I always did, but now only do to Serena.

"Get this. Apparently, Prof. Sycamore said that I could possibly be a strong Trainer," [Name] talked proudly, but at the end, she was less excited. "But that something stops me from letting my hidden power out. And if I do somehow release it, I could be quite powerful! Although, I'm not sure if he's right."

"Well, he could be right for all you know. I've known you far longer than he has and I know for a fact he's right," I added, watching as her cheeks turn to a shade of pink. "If you continue training and believing in yourself, you will definitely become a powerful Trainer. As long as you don't give up until the end, you'll succeed."

"Hmm, you're right. As long as I keep training twice as hard, I'll become as strong as you," she gave me one last grin and ran off before I had the chance to reply.

I was actually glad she left or else she would have seen my face turning red from her compliment. But her becoming a stronger Trainer surprised me.

Or was it when Diantha said she could become even stronger than me?

"With the way, you and your Pokemon battle, I'm sure you'll become a Champion," Diantha complimented [Name] on her battling skills with her Pokemon even though she had lost. "Although..."

"Although...?" [Name] pressed on, her expression filled impatience.

"Although there's something that's stopping you from releasing your true power," Diantha continued, placing a hand on her face, but soon used that hand to point right at me. "Now, I'm not saying it's true, but if you were to release it, you could become even stronger than Ash over there. And even stronger than me perhaps."

My eyes widened in surprise as did the others. Meanwhile, [Name]'s eyes sparkled with happiness. That was the second time someone had said [Name] could become powerful and the first time someone said, let alone the Champion, say [Name] could become stronger than me.

For some reason, rather than feeling proud of [Name], it left a bitter taste in my mouth. I didn't like it. Not one bit.

No, the final straw that did it was when I found out [Name] could Mega Evolve Lucario and I couldn't Mega Evolve none of my Pokemon. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

"WHAT?! [NAME] IS ABLE TO MEGA EVOLVE LUCARIO!" I exclaimed rather loudly outside the Pokemon Center.

Alexa simply nodded her head, used to my loud actions. "That's right. I just heard it from Prof. Sycamore a few days back during my visit to the lab. He said it was a huge discovery, but I think otherwise."