- 45 -

"How is it going, [Name]? Long time, no see," A women with short brown hair and light blue eyes greet me with a wave. She wore a white winter coat with matching white snow pants and white boots. "Awfully cold out here to be traveling through the snow, don't you think?"

"Diantha!" I exclaim out of excitement. It's been a long time since I've seen her. The last time was probably when we went to see her battle. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm actually filming a scene in one of my new movies. Right now is my break time, so I'm just wandering around until I bumped into you," she explained, giving me a smile. She glanced over at Calem, who despite having his winter gear on, was slightly shivering. "And who is this?"

"Diantha, I'll like you to meet, Calem," I introduced, motioning over to Calem. "Calem, this is—"

"Diantha, the champion of the Kalos Region and a world-famous actress known for starring in My Sweet, Sweet Lady," Calem bowed down, totally not cutting me off. "It's an honor to meet someone as excellent as yourself."

"My, aren't you mature for your age. Lovely to meet you," Diantha smiled with her eyes closed. She opened them up and looked around with puzzled eyes. "Where's Ash and the others? Did you somehow get separated?"

Oh, boy. Here we go again. I shook my head and explained, "Not really. You see, I decided to travel alone as a way to improve myself and my Pokemon. But along the way, I met Calem and we decided to travel together. So far, it's been fun. He's taught me many new things and...experiences."

"I see. Sounds like you've been good. I'm glad," she replied. "Which reminds me. Professor Sycamore has told me Lucario can Mega Evolve now. If you don't mind, I would like to have a battle with you. I want to see if you indeed have grown from before, the last time we battled."

"Of course! I'll do my best!" I exclaimed, getting pumped up to battle Diantha. I glanced over at Calem and although he showed no emotion on his face, I could tell he also wanted to battle her. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me, pointing at him. "Oh, after my battle, could Calem battle with you as well? He has an Absol that can Mega Evolve. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the way he battles. The bond between his Pokemon is strong."

"Of course," Diantha agreed after giving it some thought.

Soon, we were standing across from each other. Calem was in the sidelines acting as a referee for our battle. We each had a Pokeball in our hands as the two of us stared, neither's gaze wavering down. I never would have thought I'll end up meeting Diantha in a snow filled place let alone battle her. I was ready.

"The battle between Kalos Champion, Diantha and [Name] will now begin," Calem announced, his arm moving from side to side. "If you please, release the Pokemon you will battle with."

Diantha pointed the Pokeball in front of her as Gardevoir appeared. She gracefully stood up and threw her hand to the side.

"Gardevoir," Gardervoir cried out, getting ready to battle.

I brought the Pokeball to my lips and gave it a light kiss before throwing it in the air. Lucario flew through the air as he landed on his paws.

"Lucario!" Lucario growled as he stared Gardevoir down.

"Now, may the battle..." Calem trailed off, glancing between us. He then shouts, "...begin!"

"[Name], I'll let you have the honor," Diantha announced, her hand in front of her.

"Thank you. Lucario, let's start this off with Aura Sphere!" I ordered as Lucario ran up and jumped in the air, sending the Aura Sphere at Gardevoir. But before the move could it, Gardevoir moved to the side, letting the move hit the ground. "Extreme Speed!"