- 12 -

Outside the sun's orange-hued rays of light emerged from behind the group of trees. Its rays illuminated the dark sky turning it from the dark, night sky into a clear, light blue color sky with slight orange. Small matter of clouds danced around, excited for its company finally making its appearance for it had waited the whole night.

As I stare out the window, I grip the Key Stone around my neck and look up to meet the sun's gaze. 

"The day has finally arrived. This time...I will succeed."

~

The wind blows in front of my face as I squeeze Calem's abdomen. Altaria flew with such speed everything around me was a blur. I could hear Calem talking, but didn't pay attention to what he said. My mind was still recollecting about yesterday conversation. I just can't get it out of my head.

::: Mini Flashback :::

"Why with Calem, exactly?" I press on.

"Think about it. Why would you now have this happening when it didn't happen when you traveled with Ash?" Prof. Sycamore responded, intertwining his fingers together and putting them near his mouth. "That has to mean something, don't you think? Surely it can't be a coincidence."

"But that can't be possible. Even before meeting Calem, my whole body would turn warm when battling with Lucario," I explained and it really was true. From what I know, no changes occurred. "No changes happened to me back then otherwise the others would've pointed it out."

Prof. Sycamore nods his head in an understanding gesture and brings his hands down to his lap. "Until any further research is done, I want you both to keep me up to date with anything new."

Calem and I simultaneously nod our heads. "Right."

::: Flashback Ends :::

"[Name]? Are you alright?" Calem's voice snaps me back to reality and I looked to see him glancing over his shoulder at me with a worried expression. "Was something wrong? You looked as if you were remembering something?"

"I was remembering yesterday's events, that's all," I sheepishly reply with a small smile.

"Don't worry about it," Calem reassured me and returned my smile. "We still have plenty of time to figure what your transformation is all about."

"You're right. Now's not the time to think about that," I shake my head and look down to see we have arrived in Lumiose City. "Right now, I have to concentrate and prepare for my Gym Match. I can't be distracted."

Calem smiles softly before returning his attention back to the front. We fly for a few more minutes and enjoy the earliness of the day. When we finally arrive at the Prism Tower and Altaria puts us down, she is soon returned as we make our way inside the tower. 

Upon entering the tower, memories of coming in here for the first time with Ash rush to my head. Although I wish I could stop this, I could never. The time Ash and I got electrocuted and kicked out of the tower and meeting Clemont and Bonnie. Those were memories I would never forget no matter how much I wanted. It was something that couldn't be rid of.

The computer above turned on to show a neon-green screen and a red symbol in the middle. I felt a bit nervous when it began to talk but knew I shouldn't since I had four badges in total. "Welcome to the Lumiose Gym. State the number of badges you have in your possession and your names, please."

"I'm Calem and the number of badges I have is four. I'm here to win my fifth badge," Calem confidently said, puffing up his chest in a sort of manly way.