- 31 -

"Ches, Chespin..."

"Heeheehe..."

[Name] and Calem looked up at a tree branch as a young girl and her Chespin dangled from it. The girl had reddish-brown hair and brown eyes with a green hat decorating her hair. The color green was all over her clothes except for her yellow shirt. Her feet dangled as her stomach was laid on the branch.

"A little help?" she called out, giving them a small grin.

[Name] shrugged her shoulders at Calem and went over to help her down. She gently grabbed her by the legs and began to slowly pull her down. Calem, on the other hand, tried to get Chespin down by stretching out his body to reach him only for Chespin to jump down and hit him in the face. Calem fell down to the ground, Chespin still on his face.

The young girl quickly ran over to her Pokemon and took him off of Calem's face, leaving a red mark. [Name] stifled a laugh, hiding her smile behind her hand. His expression was just hilarious. After quickly composing himself and placing his hat back on his head, Calem returned back to his emotionless self.

"Thank you very much for your help. We didn't know how long we were going to be up there," The girl thanked them, bowing down as a sign of gratitude.

"You're welcome, but how in the world did you get stuck up there?" [Name] asked.

The girl rubbed the back of her neck and looked off to the side. "Well, you see, Chespie and I were really hungry and we were trying to get one of the fruits up there. But somehow, we ended up getting stuck instead."

"Wait. Your Chespin should know Vine Whip. Why didn't you ask him to get one for you without needing to climb?" Calem asked, realizing something.

The girl and her Chespin blinked multiple times, their eyes wide with realization. The two of them slump down, feeling dumb and embarrassed for forgetting about Chespin's move. They could see the dark depressed clouds behind them.

"Well, there's no point in thinking about that now," [Name] tried to reassure her. "When people are desperate for something they don't think things through and often make mistakes. Don't worry about it."

"Wow! You're such a nice person, right, Chespie?" The girl looked down at her Chespin who crossed his arms and nodded his head.

"Chespin, Ches!" he agreed.

"You him Chespie?" [Name] asked, finding the nickname adorable.

"Mm-hm," she nodded her head. "You see, Chespie was the first Pokemon I got from Prof. Sycamore. He and I went through everything together since our journey. Chespie's the best at everything! There's no one I couldn't have!"

Suddenly, her and Chespie's stomaches growled loudly, almost as if it was the growl of a monster. They blushed in embarrassment and looked away.

[Name] chuckled and smiled at her. "If you're still hungry, why don't you and Chespie join us for lunch? We were just about to set up until we bumped into you."

"Are you sure? We don't want to intrude," she pressed her fingers together and looked up. "We did kinda just trouble you."

"Nonsense," [Name] shook her head. "We should help others who are in need. We wouldn't mind having you join us."

"You really are a nice person. Thank you!" she smiled at her in gratitude before pointing at herself. "Ah, my name's Mairin and you've already met Chespie."

"Chespin," Chespie raised his arm up.

"I'm [Name] and that over there is Calem. Nice to meet you," [Name] greeted, pointing over at Calem who was awfully quiet.