- 19 -

A/N: Now onto what you all have been waiting for! The encounter of the century! 
------
It's early in the morning, the sun was barely peeking out from the horizon. The moon could still be noticeably seen as the sky turned from dark to light blue. The wind blew from the south as clouds and leaves danced. Few residences living in the city were walking around, getting ready to open up their shops or hang out with family and friends. Pokemon woke up from their slumber, eager to begin their day full of fun.

Two certain Trainers ran through the streets of the town, excitement pumping through their veins. Today was the day they were going to challenge the Laverre Gym. Despite going to sleep late in the night, they were wide awake and full of energy. The two only ate some bread and fruits, but that was enough to satisfy their stomachs and get by.

[Name] comes to a halt in front of the Gym and looks up at it with a smile. She holds a piece of her hair once the wind picked up the pace. Calem pushes his hat upward, a feather accessory placed on top of it. His eyes scan the entire Gym from top to bottom, a smirk placed on his lips.

Somewhere else, a certain raven-haired boy awakens from his peaceful slumber and lets out a yawn. His partner, a Pikachu, twitches his nose and opens his sleepy brown eyes. Ash smiles down at him. He turns his head to the right and looks out the window, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

None of them know what is about to happen, but fate will slowly bring these three Trainers together. And an interaction nobody was anticipating will transpire. Let the games begin.

~

[Name] opens the front door of the Gym and is immediately greeted by the staff of the Gym. Four young women stand in front of the staircase, their heads all lowered down in a welcoming manner. The pair glance at each other with confusion until the girls raise their heads up to look at them.

"We welcome you kindly," The woman with black hair and matching outfit says, a kind smirk on her lips. "We've been expecting you, Trainers."

Calem steps forward, his once excited emotion replaced by a serious one. "Then you already know what we are here for. We're here to battle the Laverre City Gym."

Without saying anything, the four girls separate from each other and form a pathway for the two to walk through. [Name] and Calem walk through the girls and head up the stairs. [Name] gripped her Key Stone, staring at the entrance with confidence. And Calem narrowed his eyes, all the while focusing on the bright white light ahead. They enter the doorway and gasp upon observing the beautifully decorated Gym. It looked like a Japanese Garden. Four arch bridges were on either side of the field. Trees and bushes were placed on the outer side of the field. Lanterns were placed above the ceiling, lighting up the Gym. On the right side, a spectating area was located were other Trainers were could watch.

[Name] gulped and proceeded to make her way towards the field. She stopped at her side of the field with Calem standing next to her. The four girls who greeted them earlier walked out from behind them and made their way to their side of the field. As one of the girls with blond hair walked by, she took a peek at the pair and gasped upon realizing it was the same couple who bought the outfit yesterday. But neither [Name] or Calem paid her any mind. 

[Name] turned to face Calem and asked, "So now that we're here, who's going to go first?"

"Hm. I'm going to go ahead and say it. Me," Calem proudly replied, placing his fist on his chest.

"Of course you would. I knew that was going to be your response once I saw the twinkle in your eye," [Name] said, pointing up at him. She sighed and smiled. "Well, whatever. At least this will give me more time to look back on my strategy."