- 29 -

Lucario and I faced away from each other, our backs pressed up against each other. The atmosphere was completely still as the wind blew through us. I took in a deep breath and concentrated on linking Lucario's mind with my own. I closed my eyes and waited, syncing our breathing together. The world around me began to grow silent, only Lucario's breathing heard. I grabbed the Key Stone around my neck as Lucario grabbed his Mega Stone. A wave of power entered my body. It was familiar, a comforting feeling, part of Lucario's soul. Finally, I heard a faint voice, Lucario's voice inside my head. A smile formed on my lips.

Lucario, I can hear you.

Luc, Lucario.

You can hear me, too. Lucario, I want to be able to look through your eyes this time. Would you let me?

...Cario.

Suddenly, like a switch, I was able to see through Lucario's eyes. I could the forest surrounding us and the mountains nearby. A quietly giggle and continued looking as Lucario moved his head around. I could see the sky and birds flying above. And then he faced Calem and Absol. Calem sat on a rock, jotting down information on the notebook Prof. Sycamore had given us. Absol sat next to him, looking at what he wrote. Lastly, he turned to face me and I was able to see myself. My hair was blue and I had my eyes closed, so I couldn't be able to see if they were red. As I smiled, I could see myself smile, too.

I was curious, though. What would happen if I were to open my eyes? Would I be able to see myself move and do different motions? Curiosity getting the best of me, I opened my eyes only for an immense pain to go through my body, causing me to disconnect with Lucario. I screamed and Lucario screamed as both of us dropped to the ground, the pain inside my body going down just a bit. I gasp, taking deep breaths. I look up to see Lucario in the same condition as me.

"What's wrong? Are you two alright?" Calem's frantic voice asked as he dropped down to one knee next to me and Absol stood next to Lucario. "What happened?"

Ignoring his question, I crawled over to Lucario and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Lucario...are you alright? You're not hurt, are you?"

Lucario raised his head up and shook his head, his paw pressed against his chest. "Lucario."

"Thank goodness," I sigh in relief as I sat on my knees.

Calem stood back up and walked over to us, crouching down. He grabbed my shoulder and asked, "What happened?"

I turned to face Lucario as he continued to breathe heavily while holding his chest. I lowered my gaze and said, "I...I don't know. For a moment there, I was able to see through Lucario's eyes perfectly. I could see you, Absol, and myself. Everything was fine until...until..."

"Until what?" Calem pressed on, worry written all over his face.

"Until I opened my eyes," I bit my lip but continued on. "It was...strange. I wanted to know what would happen if I opened my eyes and when I did, pain shot through my body. It was horrible."

"So you didn't see a white light?" Calem asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows and face him. "A white light?"

"Yeah. It engulfed you and Lucario," he replied as he glanced between us. "I couldn't see a thing, I could only hear your pained screams. And when it cleared up, you both were on the ground and your hair was back to its original color."

I grabbed a piece of my hair and examined it, bringing to my face. The once blue colored hair was back to [H/C], an almost boring color at times. I let it go as it fell back into place, along with the rest of my hair. Whatever happened back there, it seems to only occur when Lucario and I are looking through our eyes. Almost as if we can't do it at the same time. If this is the case, it could either be a good thing or a bad thing. We can help each other out when we get separated, but if we are in danger and doing that at the moment could be deadly.