- 20 -

"Ah..."

"Oh..."

[Name] stood in front of us with a surprised expression before changing back to a normal one. Calem, the guy she's apparently traveling with, stared off to the side, seemingly uninterested in us, but I had a feeling he wasn't quite interested in me. The four of us, along with Sawyer, were walking through the city and exploring everything until we bumped into [Name] and Calem. Bonnie, who was standing next to Serena, ran up to [Name], a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning, [Name]!" Bonnie greeted, her voice filled with happiness.

[Name] looked down at her and smiled gently. "Good morning, Bonnie. What are you doing?"

"We're going to go explore the city a bit more before we head off to Anistar City," she responded. "So far we only stopped at a store selling clothes because Serena wanted to buy a new outfit for the upcoming Showcase."

"I see," [Name] said, trying to sound interested, but I knew she wasn't. She didn't want to hear anything about Serena. "We're also walking through city one last time before we leave to Anistar City as well. We're just checking a few stores and head on our way."

"Really?" Bonnie asked in a hopeful voice. Immediately after, she turned to face us and had pleading eyes that were directed to Clemont. "Then, Clemont, do you mind if I hang out with [Name] and Calem for today? I haven't seen her in so long and I really want to catch up with her. Please!"

"Um, I'm not so sure, Bonnie. I don't think [Name] and Calem would appreciate you getting in their way," Clemont told her, gently.

"Hmph. But I want to hang out with [Name]!" Bonnie whined, pouting her lips and angrily glaring at Clemont which he could only smile nervously, sweat dripping down his face.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed [Name] leaning close to Calem and whispering something in his ear. He glanced our direction, sighing and nodding his head. For some reason, the way they stood close to each other left a bitter taste in my mouth. And not to mention how close they got when she leaned towards him. I glared at them and turned my attention back towards Clemont; they were still arguing.

"Clemont, I don't mind Bonnie coming along with us. In fact, I'll be more than happy to take her from your hands," [Name] suddenly stepped in as we all looked to face her. That smile on her face, it didn't please me. 

"Are you sure? Bonnie can be quite a handful," Clemont said as Bonnie let out a 'Hey!' out of anger.

[Name] only shook her head. "Of course not."

Bonnie looked at her brother with a proud face causing Serena to let out a cute, quiet laugh. Clemont, on the other hand, didn't seem quite excited.

"Fine, you can go with her. But make sure to stay out of trouble!" Clemont called out as Bonnie ran back to [Name].

"I will!" she called back and began to pull [Name] by the arm. "Come on, come on!"

Serena then stepped forward and said, "But Bonnie, you promised we were going to hang out together today and try on many different outfits."

Bonnie stopped in her tracks and looked up at her. "I know. But we can always hang out another time. I hardly get to see [Name] anymore, so I want to catch up on everything."

Bonnie dragged her towards the direction we came from as she began to tell her everything that happened when she left. Calem slowly walked behind them, his hands in his pockets. As he walked past me, he gave me a glance and 'hmph'-ed at me before following after the girls. 

I turned to face him and growled. That guy...what's his problem?

We continued walking through the city, stopping at a few stores and looking around. I almost forgot about [Name] until Sawyer suddenly asked,