1. The Brothers

. .

. .

Character inspiration
Morgiana as Niwa

. .

I hope you guys like this one. If you do, it is also posted on Fanfiction.net under the same name. I posted here only because it's easier to write over here and I can add pictures when I want to.

Feel free to skip this chapter.
(Just some detail of Niwa's family)

. .

. .

Sixteen years before the story

. .

The black blanket of the night wrapped around the small city. Little lights from homes flickered just enough to guide late-night alley wanderers to their destinations. Few people tended to wander the streets so late in such a dangerous part of town. Law and safety meant nothing, not when this city was ruled solely by the strong.

This superhuman society was the creator, the foundation, of evil in many parts of the world and his home was no different. It had caused more problems than Masud would ever imagine and at the root of all this evil was his father. A man so twisted, warped with insatiable greed, that he had sold off his own children and led his wife to her coffin. To that man, all things were simply a means to an end. A profit. The only things that were ever worthy of his time and money were the strong. Masud was one of the lucky ones. Born with his father's mutant quirk, Masud was left watching his younger siblings be stolen from their mother one by one. If the child didn't have his father's Quirk, then that child was judged as weak. Unwanted. Useless.

Masud ducked down an alley, a bag hung from one shoulder at grazed his thigh with every step he took into darkness. Arms wrapped protectively around the bundle against his chest. Masud slipped around a corner, meeting the end of his luck.

"Brother?" Masud flinched, eyes darting around the area instinctively.

"Muaath?" Matching magenta eyes clashed, one in confusion and the other in wariness. Muaath's eyes dropped to the covered cloth in the younger brothers arms, then further to the bag hung at his waist. Masud watched the lines connect behind his elder brothers eyes.

"And where is my big baby brother going so late in the night?" Muaath eyed the bundle, "with such... precious cargo, too." Both men looked to the right, like beasts of prey, their senses on high alert. All conversation paused as a stranger staggered by the alley without a glance in their direction. Masud turned back to his brother, he had no excuses for his actions, only reasons.

"Mother is dead." Masud's deep voice rumbled quietly. "Father is cruel and this entire country is falling to pieces with few trying to keep it together."