23. Agita in Mind

. .

Edited 17.03.2022

. .

By the time Niwa had arrived at the police station, escorted by several officers, the sun had already lightened the early morning sky.

They kept had her waiting in a bright room that had a sofa, some plants, and a table.

They had given her a bowl of ramen, but the usually gluttonous Niwa had barely touched the food. The buzzing feeling of her Quirk had faded but not yet disappeared. It kept her alert and awake despite being overly exhausted and somewhat sleep-deprived.

No matter how hard she tried, Niwa couldn't figure out how to turn it off. She just wanted some damn sleep...

But no matter how she tried, relaxation completely evaded her.

The only comfort she really found was given to her when the investigator in charge of her said that Bakugou had just arrived as well. She wondered where the rest of her classmates were for a moment, but simply knowing that Bakugou was safe, in the same building, was enough.

She was checked over and healed of her minor injuries, questioned by the police and finally allowed to see her brothers as she was released from the police's custody.

Her brothers collected her from the room quietly. She could feel their eyes on her. Scanning her still trembling body from head to toe as they opened the door of their red jeep and smiled with eyes full of worry.

Niwa felt guilty.

She had been kidnapped before, and while this time it was only for a few days, her brothers seemed just as hesitant with her as the last time. Minimal words as if they didn't know what to say, quick glances over their shoulders to check that she was still there.

Niwa stared out the window, watching the unfamiliar city change into nature and back again. The drive took over an hour to get back to Musutafu, but when they finally pulled into their driveway, Niwa found some comfort in seeing her home.

Hanami rushed from the house as Niwa opened the door of the jeep. Warmth was the first thing she felt when Hanami grabbed her into a crushing embrace, desperately squeezing the life out of the magenta-haired girl. Hanami sobbed into Niwa's hair and blubbered words that could barely be understood.

She was soon ushered into the home by Hanami with her brothers quickly following behind. They made her some Miso soup at her request and spent the entire night together without ever asking any questions.

Niwa was thankful for that. Though, she guessed her brothers had some experience with this kind of situation. They put on several animated movies and just spent time beside her until Niwa silently slipped down the halls and into her room.

As she flopped on her bed, Niwa sighed and looked at her hand.

There was something wrong with her body. She was aware of this much. The shaking and loss of appetite were probably two of the biggest alarms that rung in her mind. She was always hungry, she loved food enough to shove it in her mouth even if she wasn't somehow hungry. Not only that, but she felt weak. Lethargic.

Niwa sighed deeply and shoved her head under her pillow.

As she blocked out the world, Niwa focused on herself. Physically she was okay enough, other than the weird shit going on. That weird shit was probably caused by the overwhelming emotions she desperately kept bottled up.

Anger, loneliness, depression, on edge.

She felt like, if she let these emotions flow as they wanted right now, she'd break or change or something stupid like that.