4. Battle Trials!

. .

Edited 13/03/2022

. .

Niwa looked at the little ball she had drawn from the box in All Might's hold. Team I, she glanced around her classmates, seeing people pairing up all over the place.

"Hey." Niwa glanced over her shoulder seeing the blonde-haired boy with a tail dressed in a martial arts uniform, if his costume didn't say anything about his fighting style then Niwa didn't have a clue what else would. He flashed her his own ball with a matching letter 'I' in hand. They were clearly a team that would be good in hand-to-hand combat but that may be their downfall.

"Ojiro, right?" Niwa was sure that was the boy's name, she'd had all that time staring at the chalkboard on the morning of their first day. Niwa could probably name most of the kids in her class. He nodded back politely. "Sorry, I don't know yours..."

"Niwa."

Niwa turned back to their legendary teacher as he ruffled around in another two boxes, she assumed those boxes were full of more labeled balls. He revealed with his hands at the same time, presenting the outcome to the entire class.

Niwa's eyes naturally shifted to Explodo-boy Bakugou, who seemed to be thrilled and pissed at the same time. What a mystery this guy was. All Might instructed Teams A and D to wait outside the battle area while the rest of the class moved to a nearby building that had a room made for monitoring the battle trials.

The class was full of chatter on the short walk over. Some people were getting to know their classmates while others complied information to try and guess which team would win.

"So, uh..." Ojiro seemed unsure for a moment, "How do you think we should go about this?"

Niwa thought for a moment, "There's no point in coming up with a strategy." She replied. The boy looked a little taken aback at her words. Niwa scolded herself for sounding like a bitch. She had used the wrong words, she didn't really want to offend the boy. "We don't know who were versing or whether we are heroes or villains."

"Oh, I see."

Ojiro seemed like a reasonable guy, this was Niwa's first impression of the tail-boy, "Instead, we should tell each other about our Quirks."

"Right, that way we can save some time and get right to strategizing once we know who we're versing." Ojiro nodded, "My tail is strong, I can break metal and grab things with it. I also use martial arts so I'm mostly a close-range fighter."

"My body is strong," Niwa said, it really was the easiest way to explain her quirk to people.

"Yeah, I remember seeing you during the apprehension test. It's a pretty cool Quirk." Ojiro commented as the students filed through the doorway.

"I can also scream at high frequencies." Niwa added, "But it can leave everyone around me disorientated or a bit deafened. Myself most of all, it has a nasty backlash."

"Is that another Quirk?" Ojiro asked.

"No. My body includes my throat." Niwa couldn't help the small smirk that etched its way across her face, "The doctors say it's because of the muscles in my throat."

All Might soon joined the rest of the class in the monitor room and all chatter between the students died down. "Now then, let's start the indoor person-to-person combat training with Team A and Team D." All Might spoke through the microphone.

The massive screen in the room displayed multiple motion-sensor cameras. "Okay, everyone, you should all think as well." Their teacher said to the classroom.