20. Lingering Frustration

. .

Edited 17.03.2022

. .

Denki Kaminari knew he was probably the dumbest kid in class, academically that is. He had never been too worried about that, so long as he passed the exams in an elite school, he would go on considering himself pretty smart.

But it didn't take a genius like Yaomomo to figure out that this entire situation was desperate at best. Still, he had never thought things would turn out as they did...

When the villains left, the room full of students had breathed a sigh of relief mixed with lingering worry. The students gathered inside the building under Vlad-Sensei – the teacher of Class B – while Aizawa-Sensei and the pussycats combed through the forest for students and villains.

The first massive shock of the aftermath was Midoriya's condition. Midoriya's right arm was shattered and completely bruised. Several of his ribs were broken and he had a concussion along with several fractures.

Denki watched his class in a blur.

Out of the two classes, thirteen students were unconscious, eleven others had minor injuries, and fourteen were uninjured. Denki had never felt so useless in his entire life. He had wanted to go out there and help out his classmates that were in danger but the teachers had prohibited it.

Denki knew he wasn't the only one who felt like this, everyone who had been stuck in that classroom felt this way. The overwhelming frustration and worry.

Worry for their classmates who had been injured. Worry for Yaoyorozu who was bleeding heavily from her head. Worry for Midoriya who was being carted into an ambulance on the brink of consciousness.

Worry for Kirishima.

Denki had seen his friend happy, angry, tired, and frustrated, but never had the redheaded boy looked so distraught.

His two closest friends in class were gone. In the hands of villains.

Denki was worried for them as well, they were his friends and classmates too, after all. But he knew that Kirishima had grown fond of the argumentative pair. That Niwa and even that Bakugou had come to completely accept Kirishima as one of their own.

Sometimes, only sometimes, Denki felt like an outsider when he watched the trio interact. He always shook those feelings aside. It might have been like that with that bastard Bakugou, but Kirishima and Niwa were just as accepting with him as they were with each other.

Ever since the start of school, Denki had gravitated to Kirishima. They were a pair of cool dudes, and the cool guys should always stick together.

Then Kirishima reached out to Niwa and Niwa had dragged Bakugou along. Mina. Sero...

They had formed their own little gang and Denki considered all of them to be his best buds, even when they were annoying as heck.

But now...

Bakugou was gone. Kidnapped by villains.

And Niwa, the dumbass, had jumped in the villain's portal after him.

Their gang was broken up so fast, Denki didn't even remember what he had said to those two last. But despite his inner turmoil, Denki resolved himself to stick by Kirishima for the rest of the night. Silently gritting through the long hours where they could do absolutely nothing.

Once all the students were looked over by the medics and Aizawa-Sensei had finished contacting their families, both classes piled into their busses and headed back to the school campus in the night. On any other occasion, Denki would have been buzzing out about the police and pro hero escorts that accompanied the busses, but everything inside the vehicle was silent. Even he didn't have the will to try and lighten the mood.