3. Physical Test

. .

Edited 12.03.22

. .

"Infinite?" The entire class gasped at the outrageous score.

Niwa wondered, watching their teacher mutter as he walked away, did he prepare enough softballs for all of the class to blast away or just the few he knew might? And did Uraraka send her ball into space? Damn, that was awesome! Imagine sending a camera up that high!

"It doesn't look good for Midoriya if he continues like this," Iida said with his arms crossed over his chest.

Bakugou on her left leaned toward Iida who stood beside him, "Huh? Of course not. He's a Quirkless small fry, you know."

This surprised Iida who turned to the explosive boy, "Quirkless? Are you not aware of what he did in the entrance exam?"

"Huh?" Bakugou seemed confused.

"It looks like he's concentrating." Niwa hummed, hoping to end their argument before it could start. It worked as the boys turned back to watch with the rest of the class as Midoriya stared at the softball in his hands. He closed his eyes and reared back his arm in a pitch.

"46 meters," Robo-camera announced.

"You see?" Bakugou muttered from beside her. Niwa caught sight of their teacher moving out in front of the class, the grey scarf wrapped around his neck unravelled threateningly in the air around them. The whole class watched nervously as their teacher spoke.

"I erased your Quirk." He announced to the horrified looking boy standing in the center of the field. "That entrance exam was definitely not rational enough if even a kid like you was accepted."

If you were being completely unbiased, this test wasn't exactly any fairer than the entrance test. It was a test that gave physical Quirks a clear advantage. Not that Niwa was complaining.

"You erased my Quirk?" Midoriya asked more like he was putting the pieces of a puzzle together than trying to figure out why. Midoriya recoiled, "Those goggles... I get it! You can erase other people's Quirks with your Quirk just by looking at them. The Erasure Hero: Erasure Head!"

"Eraser? I've never heard of him."

"I've heard of him. He's an underground hero." Her classmates chattered.

"If he's Quirkless, Sensei has no reason to erase his Quirk, right?" Niwa asked no one, but the question was clearly jabbing Bakugou's 'Quirkless' comment.

"From what I can tell, you can't control your Quirk, can you? Do you intend to become incapacitated and have someone save you again?" Aizawa-Sensei lectured the poor kid.

"That-That's not my intent-" Midoriya's words were cut off when their Sensei's scarf shot out, wrapped around Midoriya and dragged the kid closer to their teacher. How was he doing that with his scarf, Niwa puzzled.

Aizawa leaned down, daunting over the poor boy. "Whatever your intention, I'm saying that's what others around you will be forced to do... In the past, there was once an oppressively passionate hero who saved over a thousand people by himself and created a legend. Even if you have the same reckless valour, you'll just be decked and turned into a useless doll after saving one person." Came the heavy-hitting lecture from their teacher.

"Midoriya Izuku. With your power, you can't become a hero."

Niwa winced. Ouch, coming from your own teacher... Damn, that has to sting. Her condolences went out to the boy.

The class all reacted quietly in various. That was one hell of a wake-up call; the lecture wasn't just for Midoriya but everyone who had the brains to listen. When becoming a hero, don't make yourself a liability. That was the first lesson from a teacher that managed to hit so close to her heart.