13. Margin of Improvemnt

. .

Edited 14.03.2022

. .

The classroom was already full of her fellow classmates by the time she stepped through the door. Bakugou was hounding on Kirishima and Sero who couldn't seem to stop laughing about something but the rest of the class was focused on Iida.

"It's true that he was tenacious. I understand how some people could think he was cool. But he chose purging as a result of his beliefs. No matter what he thinks, that part of him is unacceptable. In order to keep anyone else from turning out like me, I will once again walk on the path of becoming a hero." Iida was back, full throttle.

Niwa smiled, the Hero Killer was a subject she was avoiding with a ten-foot pole but Niwa had still been a little worried after finding out that Iida's brother had been seriously injured and forced to retire from Hero duties, but it looked like things were slowly being resolved. She absently wondered what had happened in Hosu City. Maybe the arrest of the Hero Killer had given Iida some of the justice he needed.

"Morning," Niwa called to the room and strolled over to her seat while Iida went into class-rep mode and began directing everyone to their seats. She strolled past Bakugou who still had a death grip on the backs of Kirishima's and Sero's uniform.

"Hey Niwa!" Kirishima grinned while Bakugou scoffed and dropped to two boys.

"How did your internship go? You just missed out on the funniest thing you'll ever see." Sero asked, adjusting out his collar.

Niwa rose a curious eyebrow when Bakugou whacked his textbook over a snickering Sero's head. "Pretty good. Jumped around some buildings, beat up some guys, chased a pro around and got pummelled by said pro every day for a week."

Sero whistled while Kirishima groaned, "Way better than us, then."

The footsteps of Aizawa echoed down the hall and the class panicked for a moment before almost teleporting obediently into their seats just before the teacher stepped into the doorway.

While the internship with Mirko was both grueling and exciting, Niwa was glad to be able to sit through her normal classes again.

That happiness intensified when it was finally time for Hero class with All Might. Although he was a sloppy teacher who still needed his notes every now and then, at least Niwa knew he wouldn't have planned anything as overly extreme as Mirko would have.

"Long time no see, boys and girls! You've all been well?" All Might grinned, standing proudly in his hero costume. "Alright then, for today's hero basic training—since you've all just gotten back from your internships, we'll have some fun with a rescue race!"

Niwa could almost cry in relief.

Iida's hand shot up, "If we're doing rescue training, shouldn't it be in USJ?"

"That place is for disasters," All Might informed, "Do you remember what I just said? This will be a race! Here in Field Gamma! A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth."

A metal labyrinth...

"You'll break up into four five-person groups and go through the training one group at a time! When I send a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first!"

"Of course," All Might pointed in the direction of herself and Bakugou beside her, "You'll have to keep the damage to the buildings to a minimum." Niwa threw her eyes to the sky, avoiding All Might as he singled out her and Explodo as the destructive pair.