24. Height's Alliance

. .

Edited 17.03.2022

. .

Putting on her school uniform and taking the train to school had never felt better. It'd felt like months since the start of summer break. Time had dragged on by with its ups and some major downs along the way, but she was finally back.

Niwa gawked up at the tall building her school had built in under a week. Three days, to be exact. Considering there were multiples of these buildings, even in a superhuman society, it was beyond impressive.

Height's Alliance. That's what they called the dorms.

Her eyes eagerly took in as much detail as possible but always came back to the massive logo of their dorm.

1-A Alliance.

Her heart swelled with pride.

While her entire class stared up at the building in awe, herself included, Aizawa-Sensei strolled to the front of the class.

"We'll get into the rules and procedures later. For now, I'm just glad we were able to bring Class 1-A back together again." Her teacher started.

"Everyone was allowed to enter the dorms, huh?" Sero grinned hesitantly at Niwa and Kyoka.

Niwa supposed her friend was being careful with his words, considering the incident from last week. Had it already been a week? Had it only been a week?

Between motionlessly passing days, an eventful sleepover with Bakugou's mom on her heels, and her brothers helping her to prep for the move into the dorms... Niwa had barely noticed the time passing.

She smirked her cocky grin to the tape-boy, "I had no problems at all. I've got full independence."

"Eh?" Sero face turned blank.

"After all that, it's normal to have a hard time." Kyoka, Niwa's dear rockstar friend, danced all over that spot everyone else seemed to avoid like the plague.

Niwa grinned to Kyoka, "What about you?"

"Na, my parents were pretty willing. Though my dad put up this tough guy act in front of the teachers." Kyoka scratched at her cheek.

"Pfft, you're not normal either, then." Niwa joked and she could practically feel the class sigh a breath of relief.

"We were all able to be together again because of the teachers." Tsuyu spoke gratefully, "When I watched the press conference, I thought we would lose them, and it made me sad."

"Yeah." Uraraka agreed.

"I was surprised, too." Aizawa-Sensei spoke in his never-changing tired tone, "Well, I'm sure everyone has different circumstances."

"I think I speak for everyone, Sensei." Niwa smiled at her teacher and bowed, "Thanks for everything!"

Her class erupted in loud agreement and chaotic echoes of thanks for their diligent teacher. Niwa straightened and watched the wide-eyed teacher slowly return to normal.

"Alright, alright. Settle down." The always-tired man sighed, "Now, I'll briefly explain about the dorms, but first..."

Aizawa-Sensei clapped his hands together loudly to settle the few still hyped students, "For now, our focus will be on getting the provisional licenses we were planning to have you get during the training camp."

Riiiiight. That was a thing they were supposed to do.

"Oh yeah, they did talk about that." Sato said in realization.