18. The Tournament

. .

Edited 16.03.2022

. .

Every twitch of his arms sent vibrations of shock and strain spasming through his limbs. Every shudder hurt like fuck.

It wasn't the worst pain he'd ever been in, the sports festival finals and that fucking beating from All Might during the final exam took the cake for that title, but the pain of the past meant jack shit when you were feeling it now.

"Now, remember what I said yesterday? 'Today's the only day we'll be doing stuff for you.' We said that last night!" The blonde-haired pussycat bitch announced to the group of exhausted students.

"At least make your own food. Curry!" Said the loopy-looking green-haired pussycat.

The rest of the extras groaned back "Yessir..." in a pathetic resignation. Well, he could sort of agree. The last thing he wanted to do after all that damn training was cook his own dinner.

"You all look exhausted!" The loopy one giggled and bounced around like a complete nutter, "But that doesn't mean you can make any old sloppy cat food!"

As if anything he cooked would be considered cat food.

"It's true that part of rescuing someone is filling the stomachs and spirits of those exhausted during a disaster." Class rep deluded himself, "That's U.A for you! No chance wasted! Let's make the most delicious curry in the world, everyone!"

Bakugou glared at engine-leg from the corner of his eye, sure you could delude yourself that way but the matter of fact was that the pros just couldn't be fucked cooking for a bunch of brats.

While the pro heroes wandered off and left the students to the outdoor cooking stations, Cass 1-A and 1-B set to starting the fires on the barbeques, and after completely blowing up the end cooker, Bakugou strolled away from the mess feeling annoyed by that half-and-half bastard's fire and guilt for destroying a perfectly good barbecue.

He stood off to the side and glanced around at his classmates while most of them chatted and waited around for the fires to heat the grill. There were a few others who were already sitting at the tables, peeling and prepping the vegetables, but it was only then that Bakugou noticed something was missing.

For one, it was too peaceful.

It was probably the weirdest feeling he had ever had, being uncomfortable by a peaceful atmosphere. He was getting used to those extras following him around all day. Bakugou scanned across the heads of the class, picking out the usual bunch that liked to annoy the shit outta him.

Sero and raccoon-face were both by the fires, shitty-hair and dunce-face were over at the tables whining over some onions, but one was missing.

It was annoying how much it annoyed him.

It was annoying how much the quiet was beginning to bother him.

Bakugou shoved his aching hands in his pocket and strolled over to where their zombie-eyed teacher stood supervising.

"Where's Niwa?" Bakugou asked stiffly, like it almost pained him to admit his observations.

The teacher checked a watch at his wrist, "She refused to come back so she's still out in the field." Said the dry-eye bastard, "Go tell her to come back, if you want. Though, I doubt that one will listen."

Bakugou scowled and glanced up at the sky, the sun was setting fast and it'd be dark in no time. With an annoyed click of his teeth, Bakugou stomped off through the trees and back out into that shitty area where he had been stuck all day.