16. A Brief Vacation

. .

Edited 16.03.2022

. .

The next day of classes was when the exam results were released. Five students had failed the practical exam, those being Mina, Sero, Kirishima, Sato, and Kaminari. But despite failing the practical exam, they were still allowed to attend the summer training camp since everyone had passed the written exam.

The days rocked on smoothly after that.

If smoothly included a visit to the mall with most of her class, and ending with the mall being shut down after Midoriya encountered that handsy villain from the USJ incident.

The final day of class was the closing ceremony, where Niwa spent the entire time slumped in boredom across the lecture desk and trying to convince Bakugou to play Chinese Chopsticks to pass the time. Trying being the keyword.

After that day, summer vacation kicked in full force.

They did manage to have a bit of time off before the summer training began and Niwa spent that time doing what she always enjoyed best.

"This... Really is the best." Niwa stretched her arms out, the shade of a large tree blocked the harsh rays of the sun and the sound of the river trickled on by.

"You said it." Fukushia groaned lazily from the patch of grass beside her.

"It's been a while since we actually got to relax properly, right?" Niwa sighed.

"Between our brother and his woman, the bossy pair never let me have a real break. There's always something to do or work bothers me..." Her eldest brother replied.

"Speaking of, how's work?" Niwa rolled onto her stomach and stretched out like superman before sinking limply against the grassy ground.

"Surprisingly well, it's easy work."

Her brothers were both laborers for a landscaping company. They spent most of their days carrying around things like bags of concrete, stones, and even trees for the small but successful company. Doing tasks that would usually require some sort of machinery for heavy lifting were simple enough for her brother's ridiculous strength which made them desirable for companies.

There was some law-bending involved regarding the Quirk regulations, but their Quirk was literally impossible to turn off and it wasn't like the government was going to establish an entirely new law just because one or two people naturally had monstrous weightlifting abilities. In the beginning, there were discussions about setting a limit of 500kg but eventually, between the broken communication at that time and the lack of reasons, the officials in charge of settling the matter decided there was no real point in giving the men a weightlifting limit.

Their ability to freely use their strength in manual labor made the siblings incredibly desirable as workers. Thanks to that, Masuru and Fukushia were never out of a job and were always looked after by their companies.

"Do you ever miss our homeland?" Niwa asked randomly, well it wasn't completely random, the thought had lingered in her head for a while.

"Sometimes..." Fukushia sighed wistfully, "I had a lot more freedom back there. I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, without a single thought. Life was a lot more exciting, and I got to beat up assholes every other day."

Niwa laughed, she could totally imagine her brother causing havoc in some sandy streets. Truthfully, she had no idea what her homeland looked like, so the image was created entirely from her imagination.

"But..." Niwa turned to look at her eldest brother, he had a small smile as he stared up at the leaves of the tree, "When I saw our brother in that dark alley, with this tiny little bundle in his arms and the most terrifying expression I've ever seen... I don't know what it really was, but suddenly, I was tired. Like there was this weight holding me down and this sinking feeling in my gut."