28. Moonlit Thought

What a shitty day.

First, he failed that stupid exam. Then almost lost to Deku of all people. His mind was now raging with the burden of All Might's, and Deku's, secrets. And now he had landed himself in a four-day house arrest for slugging it out in the middle of the night.

Seriously, what a shitty day.

Bakugou Katsuki shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants and walked silently down the campus streets back to their dorm house.

Deku was quiet. Something Katsuki sure as hell wasn't going to change anytime soon. They'd said way too much for one night, anyway.

They strolled down the last street and passed the hedges along the path of their dorm. His eyes had been trained to the concrete for almost the entire walk back, his mind storming with all the new information he had been told. All Might, Deku's Quirk, that villain boss bastard...

It had pissed him off, knowing all the hints were there and connecting the dots himself, but never really knowing for sure. Now it somehow annoyed him even more that he was both right in his suspicions and able to figure out such a massive secret. Stupid fucken Deku, why the hell did that scrawny bastard tell him in the first place? It was annoying.

"Well, aren't the two of you just a pretty sight on such a beautiful night?"

"Niwa!?" Deku recoiled in surprise, hands flailing around in panic and surprise.

"Tch." Katsuki had no energy to spare for this troublesome beast of a girl. Still, his eyes dragged up from the concrete path and continued up and up.

"What the hell are you doing up there?" Katsuki asked, his voice laced in obvious agitation.

"Stargazing. The fireworks sound so pretty, too. I wish I could've seen the show." She shrugged, her legs swung freely as they dangled over the edge of the roof.

Fireworks. Yeah-fucken-right. Cheeky little shit.

Katsuki ignored her, walked into the building with Deku scrambling in behind him, they stood in the elevator, in silence once again, and Bakugou stormed his way down into his room the moment the door opened.

At first, he considered just going to sleep. But with everything going through his brain, Katsuki knew he had zero chance of getting a good enough sleep, even if he was tired as hell. So he took a deep breath and pushed open the door of his balcony.

"You're there, aren't you?"

The silence lingered and Katsuki almost thought that Niwa had actually gone to bed, but sure enough, with an elegant swing and a graceful landing on the bars of his balcony, Niwa appeared.

Her eyes scanned over his body, probably looking over his scrapes and bruises.

"Looks like green-bean landed a few hits." She commented.

"I don't want to talk about it." He sighed, strolling over to lean on the bars next to her and staring out at the night.

"Then, do you wanna talk at all?" She asked quietly.

To be honest, he didn't. He didn't feel like he needed to say anything to her. He knew this chick better than the guy he had been harassing for over ten years. Seriously, how the fuck did Deku not get the memo to piss off?

"I don't want to think anymore." Katsuki frowned. He just wanted to stop thinking about everything. But his damn brain just wouldn't give him a break.

"About All Might?"

His body tensed and his breath froze mid-way. She didn't know. There was no fucken way she could know.

"I think about it too," Katsuki glanced over to the girl sitting so casually on the fourth-story balcony, her legs were hooked around the bars to keep her from falling and her arms rested at each side. "Sometimes I blame myself for All Might, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I can't stop thinking about how much I need to push myself to get better, and then when I try to break through whatever wall stands in my way, it just feels like I'm not strong enough."