8. Student War

. .

Edited 13.03.2022

. .

With the upcoming sports festival, Class 1-A's hero classes were mostly focused on developing individual Quirks and discovering unknown limits. During this time, Niwa had learned a lot about her Quirk. She had come to the conclusion that, yes, her Quirk was different from her brothers as the doctors had said.

Her brother's Quirk was simple and straightforward. Heightened Human.

Meanwhile, Niwa's Enhanced Predator was well named, as she had discovered. She decided to never doubt a doctor's hypothesis again. Her Quirk retained the basic abilities she shared with her brothers but there was something more to her Quirk that she was only finding out about now that Aizawa had her running a marathon in a weighted fucking suit.

Niwa hated that suit.

It was designed by the kids over in the support class and was honestly just a skinsuit, two centimetres thick and filled with some sort of sand. And whatever that fucking sand was, it was heavy. Stupidly, impossibly heavy. She had to lay the damn suit on the ground and slid into it from there just to put the bloody thing on.

After about an hour's run in the evil suit, Niwa would be able to feel that ache in her muscles and everything would only get heavier from there. But she refused to stop, pushing through the pain every class and focusing on not denting the ground with every other step she took.

That was Aizawa-Sensei's task for her. She would do the same thing every day until she had a decent enough grasp on her power output to not break things under pressure, things being the ground in this case. After every exercise, Niwa had annoyingly confirmed, she got exhausted. If she ran for an hour in the suit, then her body required a powernap of at least fifteen minutes before she could get up and function like a normal human being. The more she exhausted herself, the longer her hibernation.

Then after a week of running, her sadistic teacher vamped up her training.

First it was the running, then he had her wearing that suit all day at school as well. And after that... She was forced to play cat and mouse with Iida. With Iida.

But one day, in particular, had been more enlightening than all the others...

It had been only ten minutes and Niwa was already covered in a layer of grime. She sat with Iida on the earthy ground after she had been tagged by the engine boy. Their blonde teacher had left to check the progress of the other students.

Niwa spotted the scowl of her Homeroom teacher approaching with his grumpy-tired expression and she mentally told the teacher exactly where he could shove that frown. All Might was looking after this lesson, Aizawa-Sensei showing up just meant trouble.

"Done already?" The tired man taunted. Niwa shot her teacher an annoyed glance, he had her figured out. Her and the rest of the class. Iida stood from the ground first, putting his empty can of orange juice in the icebox filled with several similar cans.

"We have not finished yet, Sensei!" Iida said enthusiastically. Niwa groaned, her back was covered in sweat and her breaths were labored from exhaustion. With the added weight on her body and Iida's near uncatchable speed, Niwa had yet to catch the boy in this stupid game. Iida turned to her with a chopping motion, "It is your turn to be the cat, Niwa."

"Yeah, yeah," Niwa puffed as she climbed to her feet.

"Before that," Aizawa interrupted the students, "Let's go over your Quirk, Niwa."

Raising an eyebrow in question, Niwa glanced to her teacher. "Sure."

"You're Quirk is named Enhanced Predator, I'm not sure if you know this or not but in Japanese society, our Quirk doctors will label Quirks with relative accuracy. I looked over your registration and did a follow-up." From his words alone, Niwa had a feeling she knew where this was going. "There were notes on your parent's Quirks as well, but they were choppy and lacked information."