15. The Practical Exam

. .

Edited 16.03.2022

. .

The next pair up for the practical exam was Asui and Tokoyami. After how that first battle had turned out, the morale of the entire class depended on the pair to secure a victory and prove to everyone that this sadistic exam was actually possible.

But the moment the fight started, Ectoplasm's clones appeared right from the get-go without even letting the students take their first steps.

"Each teacher has a different style of attack." Niwa clicked her teeth.

"Looks like we'll need to predict and prepare for any situation..." Midoriya muttered with his eyes glued to the screen.

With a swift escape onto high ground, Tokoyami and Tsuyu avoided being completely surrounded by their teacher's clones. Their teamwork was pretty good considering they had never fought together before.

"They're good!" Uraraka said happily in support.

"A combination only they could pull off!" Midoriya praised.

The door to the monitor room slid open, "Communication skills. In this society, it's a simple but important skill for heroes to have." Recovery Girl returned to the room with a quick piece of advice. The nurse must have already patched up Kirishima and Sato.

"More than being able to pull off perfect teamwork with a specific sidekick, it's better to be able to achieve a certain standard with anyone." The old woman returned to her seat.

"Even though this is a test," Midoriya asked the old lady, "Each team is being made to deal with their weakness on purpose, right?"

The boy made a good point.

"That's right," The nurse replied.

"I wonder what Tokoyami and Asui need to work on..." Midoriya pondered.

"Rather than that," Niwa said while watching the monitor projections on the large screen, "We should take the time to consider our own weaknesses and prepare with those in mind. Although, I think everyone knows the weakness your team has."

Bakugou's attitude, an unwillingness to cooperate, and Midoriya's lack of backbone when dealing with the boy. Aizawa-Sensei had set them up, on purpose of course, to see if they could overcome their stubborn attitude and work together while casting their negative emotions aside.

"Of course, your weaknesses are one obstacle you will have to overcome. But do not forget that your teacher's abilities will be your primary hindrance." The nurse advised.

"I can't imagine ectoplasm's Quirk being a bad match up for them..."

"No. It's bad... for Tokoyami Fumikage."

"Why is that?" Uraraka asked as the four students in the monitor room all looked at the nurse.

"If you watch, you'll understand." Recovery Girl said, ending the questions and returning their focus back to the screen.

When she looked back to the screen, Niwa watched as more of Ectoplasm's clones appeared in front of Tokoyami. The boy's Quirk was quick to unleash an attack at the teacher's clones, batting away and crashing into the clones until they disappeared into puffs of white smoke. But no matter how many clones Tokoyami dispersed, more kept appearing. Asui jumped out of hiding and attacked a cone that appeared behind Tokoyami.

Niwa understood then, it was a numbers game.

Tokoyami couldn't attack more than one clone at a time and while the boy was quick in defeating the clone he focused on, that led him to be vulnerable.