5. Headache

. .

Edited 13.03.2022

. .

They didn't get a rundown of their performance immediately like the previous teams did. The students, minus Shoji, were all carted off to go for a quick visit to Recovery girl to prevent any lingering damage that Niwa's attack might have caused.

The walk back to class was mostly a silent one, awkwardly silent but not uncomfortable, so Niwa left it alone.

When they reached the monitoring room, Niwa's classmates surrounded the trio.

"What the hell, man? You froze the entire building!" Kaminari shouted in amazement over all the comments the icy boy was getting.

Niwa ignored the mob and headed over to the girl she had been worried about. "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, I'm not hurt. Thanks to you." Kyoka smiled softly, "What the heck was that, anyway? That frequency was wild."

Niwa blushed a little, scratching at the back of her neck, "I screamed."

"Eh?! That's it? I thought you had a second Quirk or something." Jiro Kyoka said with shock plastered all over her face, Ojiro walked over, joining in on their conversation.

"I had thought the same thing when she told me about it." He grinned, looking mighty proud of their win. Niwa cast a glance over her shoulder to Todoroki trying to shake off his enthusiastic classmates. Even though his face was blank, Todoroki's eyes betrayed his discomfort with all the attention everyone was giving him. Yeah, he'll be fine.

Niwa and Ojiro were soon congratulated by all of the girls and a few of the guys too but the class went quiet once again as All Might drew lots for the next match.

Niwa tried to focus on the match that was playing out but her head was still pounding like a drum, even with the healing done by Recovery girl. She was thankful for the minor healing session, the after-effects would usually have been much worse, but a headache was a headache, and damn her head ached. It had also made her tired... Niwa glanced over to the wall at the back of the room, she wanted to rest against it but Explodo-boy seemed to be having a moment over there.

Her head throbbed for three more minutes before she groaned, bringing a hand to rub at her temple.

"Are you okay?" Kyoko had noticed.

Giving the girl a reassuring smile Niwa nodded, "It's just a headache. An after-effect of my scream is all." Niwa's balance shifted with one heavy push of her brain against her skull. Fuck it. "I'm going to sit down for a bit."

"Next to Bakugou?" Kyoka seemed both confused and surprised.

"Everyone's giving him a wide birth after that match, he'll make a good guard dog."

Kyoka seemed unsure but agreed anyway.

Niwa peeled herself away from the crowd as quietly as she could. Only a few students glanced in her direction but their attention was quickly recaptured by the monitors on the screen. She strolled over to the wall with a sudden nauseousness pulling in her gut, Niwa ignored the red-eyed boy's crippling death stare.

"Fuck off." He harshly muttered his demand.

Niwa was in pain, and when she was in pain she knew she turned into a foul-mouthed bitch when provoked. "My head is pounding, asshole. I'm going to sit here, so either shut up or leave." Niwa muttered in a low voice, partly because talking just made the pounding worse and partly because she didn't really want her classmates to hear her bad side just yet. This guy didn't count.