Chapter 2

As soon as Watanabe woke up, she checked her phone to see whether or not Suna has replied to her. When she saw none, she frowned in disappointment before getting out of her bed. She quickly prepared for school and headed out the door to see the twins waiting for her as usual. She smiled as she waved at them. "Morning!"

"Morning!" They both greeted her back.

As they walked to school, Watanabe could not help but glance at her phone frequently. Her frown deepened each time as she still has not gotten any reply from Suna. 

"Rumi, are you waiting for a reply?" Osamu asked.

She nodded. "I texted Rin last night, but I still haven't gotten his reply yet. This never happened before. He is always on his phone as well."

"That son of a bitch! What the fuck is wrong with him since yesterday?!" Atsumu yelled.

"W-Woah! Calm down!" Watanabe said in shock from his outburst.

• • •

Watanabe smiled when she heard the lunch bell rang. She quickly got her lunch box and rushed to Osamu's and Suna's classroom with Atsumu. However, when they entered, she could not find Suna, but only Osamu who was already enjoying his lunch.

"Samu, where's Rin?" Watanabe asked as she sat across from him.

"He said he is not joining us today," Osamu replied.

She frowned at his words. Was Suna avoiding her?

"Seriously, what is his problem?" Atsumu grumbled as he sat beside her.

Osamu shrugged his shoulders while she brought out her phone to text him once again. 'Rin, did something happen? You didn't reply to my text last night either.'

She clicked the send button before eating her lunch as she waited for his reply. However, Suna did not reply to her once again that her phone was silent throughout the whole lunch period. Watanabe headed back to her class with Atsumu in dejection. She told herself that she needs to talk to Suna face to face after the club on why he was being like this. 

• • •

"Rumi, let's go," Atsumu said as he stood in front of her desk.

Watanabe shook her head with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I need to head to the library to finish my homework. I'll just go to the gym by the time you are cleaning up. I also need to talk to Rin."

Atsumu nodded before heading out of the classroom.

Watanabe quickly finished packing her things before heading to the library. When she arrived, she found a spot and took out her homework. She tried to focus on it, but her mind kept wandering off to Suna. She had to shook her head every time to shake off her thoughts and focus back on her homework. Despite the distraction, she managed to finish her homework on time. She packed her things in her bag and rushed to the gym. 

When she turned to the last corner, she saw Atsumu, Osamu, and Suna in front of the gym door. She was about to call out to them until she noticed the twins frowning while Atsumu was grabbing onto Suna's collar. Meanwhile, Suna had his usual blank expression. When she saw this, something in her told her that she should hide that she hid by the wall. She sighed in relief that she was still within the hearing range. 

"Are you going to explain why you are avoiding Rumi since yesterday?!" Atsumu yelled with a hint of frustration.

"What does it have to do with you?" Suna replied.

"We just don't want to see her hurt as her childhood friends," Osamu said.

Suna scoffed. "This is between me and her, so mind your own business."

"If you don't want to tell us, you should at least talk it out with Rumi instead of avoiding her," Osamu said with a sigh.

Suna stayed silent for a moment before finally speaking once again. "I'm just tired of her. I don't even think I like her anymore."

Watanabe's heart broke at his words. She could not believe what she was hearing. Was Suna really tired of her? Does he not love her anymore? Since when has he been feeling this way? Was it her fault? How did their relationship come to this? She could feel tears building up from her eyes to the point of them flowing down her cheeks. She covered her mouth with both of her hands before quietly rushing out of the school building.

When she was out of the building, she messaged Osamu before running all the way to her house. 'Something came up, so I had to rush home. Don't wait for me. Sorry.'