Chapter 3

The twins messaged Watanabe continuously, but she did not bother to reply nor read them. She felt bad, but she wanted to be left alone. She was burying herself under her blanket as she cried her heart out. As she continued to cry, she heard a soft knock on her door before it opened. She quickly wiped her tears away and saw her mother peek her head into her room. "Rumiko, the twins are here."

"I want to be alone," she mumbled.

"Well, it looked urgent," her mother said.

Watanabe sighed and nodded her head. Her mother smiled before closing the door.

Watanabe grabbed her hand mirror as soon as the door closed and wiped away the tear marks before the twins enter. When she placed her mirror down, the twins opened the door. Once they entered, they quietly closed the door before sitting on her bed along with her. 

She forced a smile as she asked, "What brings you guys here?"

Atsumu gave her a look. "Don't give me that shit. You know why we are here. Why didn't you reply? You suddenly left."

"I told you something urgent came up," she reasoned.

Osamu sighed before hugging her tightly as he stroke her hair. "You were there, weren't you?"

Watanabe unconsciously gripped tightly onto her blanket before responding. "What do you mean?"

"Stop lying to us."

Her smile turned into a frown as she felt her eyes grow hot. Soon tears began to fall from them as she gripped Osamu's shirt tightly. Osamu continued to stroke her hair while Atsumu cursed beside him. "That piece of shit! I am so going to beat the shit out of him!"

She shook her head in haste. "D-Don't!"

Atsumu looked at her with an angry look. "Why not?!"

She hesitated before answering him. "I-I still love him... Maybe it's just a p-phase he is facing... Maybe he will l-love me again after..."

Atsumu stared at her with disbelief all over his face. "Rumi! You heard what he said word for word! Just break up with him before you get hurt even more!"

She shook her head. "I c-can't..."

Atsumu ruffled his hair in frustration while Osamu pulled her away to wipe her tears with his hands. "What do you plan to do then?"

Watanabe glanced at her blanket. "I-I'll pretend I didn't h-hear it..."

The twins sighed loudly at her words. 

"I won't stop you if that's what you want, but promise me that you will break up with him if it gets too much. You can't force someone to love you back." Osamu said.

She nodded slowly.

• • •

Ever since that day, Watanabe tried to give Suna space and did not message him that often. Not that he replies when she does message him. There are times when he approaches her first or replies, but it was easily shown that he doesn't want to talk to her. Her heart broke each time, but she forced a smile on her face. She thought she can still handle it, as long as he will come back to her. She was hoping that he will be able to overcome the phase he was going through and love her once again. 

However, her hopes were crushed not soon after as she spotted the scene where Suna was kissing another girl. At first, she wanted to refuse to believe the scene in front of her by believing that the girl was forcing herself on him. Unfortunately, that was quickly crushed as well when she could clearly tell that Suna was enjoying their kiss. It felt like her whole energy left her body that she dropped the things she was holding to the ground. 

The girl did not even care and continued to kiss Suna while he opened his eyes without even breaking the kiss. When he saw her, he smirked and deepened the kiss. Watanabe quickly picked up the things she has dropped and escaped the scene with tear-filled eyes. As much as she wanted to scream and get mad at him, she couldn't. She just loved him too much. She just wanted to pretend that she imagined everything. As if it was her brain tricking her. 

Watanabe could not tell the twins about what she came across. She could already tell how they will react and Atsumu will probably punch him. She can't let him do that. Not when her heart still longs for Suna. She blamed her heart for continuing to long for him. Longing for someone who was bored of her. Who clearly showed that he doesn't love her anymore. Why can't she just let go and move on? Why does she want to cling to this relationship that has already fallen apart?