Chapter 17

Suna was sitting in his seat as he waited for Watanabe to show up. It was more like him hoping that she will show up. Suna sighed softly as he remembered his conversation with the twins and how that led him here, waiting for her.

• • •

"Let's talk," Atsumu said as he looked down at Suna with Osamu beside him.

Suna sighed but nodded and followed after them. When the twins came to a halt, Suna stopped as well. 

"What did you want to talk about?" Suna asked although he had an idea already.

"Do you actually love Rumi?" Osamu asked with a serious look.

"Of course," Suna said without any hesitation. "I regret my past actions. I was being foolish. I didn't realize her importance to me until I lost her."

"So you aren't fuckin playing with her?" Atsumu asked with a scowl.

Suna nodded.

The twins were silent for a while as they exchanged looks. Suna watched them in silence, wondering what they were going to say to his reply. Atsumu then clicked his tongue in irritation and turned his face away from Osamu while Osamu sighed before facing Suna. "You better keep your words and not hurt her again. I don't want to see her go through that suffering again."

Suna tried to interpret his words. "So you are saying...?"

"We were the ones stopping Rumi from following her heart since we didn't want to see her hurt again," Osamu explained. "But if you are sincere, I want her to follow her heart instead. We are going to support whatever decision she makes."

Atsumu glared at Suna. "If you fuckin hurt her again, I am going to fuckin murder you."

"Wait for Rumi in our classroom after school today. If she shows up, it probably means she accepts you back," Osamu said before dragging his twin away.

• • •

Suna was looking through the photos he had on his phone with Watanabe. He could feel his smile creeping onto his face. Why did he ever think that he didn't love her anymore? He must have gotten used to her presence that he misunderstood his emotions. He was being so stupid.

As Suna was lost in his thoughts, he heard rapid footsteps outside the classroom. He looked up from his phone and glanced at the door with a hopeful expression. He was hoping it was Watanabe. Soon the footsteps stopped, but the classroom door remained closed. Just when Suna was about to be disappointed, thinking it was someone else, the door opened. There stood Watanabe who was panting hard.

"S-Suna..." He heard her whisper between her breathes.

Suna quickly stood up from his seat and approached her. Before he could even control himself, he hugged her tightly "You came... You're here..."

Watanabe nodded shyly, making Suna smile. 

"Does that mean you are accepting me back?" Suna asked as he pulled away just enough to see her face.

When he saw her face, she had an unreadable expression. There were lots of emotions displayed on her face. Suna cupped her face with his hands and left a gentle peck on her forehead. "I know I hurt you so much through my foolish actions. I realized that too late and regretted it. But please know that I learned and understand my emotions now. I still love you. Please give me another chance."

Watanabe smiled at his words and crashed her face to his chest. Suna hugged her tightly as he buried his face to her head, inhaling her calming scent. As they were hugging, he felt his shirt becoming drenched, making him pull away in shock. Suna quickly wiped away her tears and tried to calm her down. When Watanabe finally ceased her tears, she apologized. "I'm sorry about that... I was just too happy and relieved..."

He shook his head with a smile. "Don't worry about it."

"I can't believe the twins allowed me to go back to you," Watanabe whispered.

Suna nodded in agreement before holding his hand towards her. "I'll walk you home."

• • •

As they were walking, there was silence between them. Suna glanced at his side and looked at her from time to time, not believing she was beside him, hand in hand. He felt his lips tug upwards in happiness. He then promised himself that he will never repeat the same mistake again. He can't believe he has lost her once because of his foolish actions. He was just happy and thankful that she gave him another chance and he was not planning on letting her down.

• • •

On the next day, the twins pulled Suna before he could enter the school gates. Suna stared at them in shock while Atsumu had an unpleased expression. Atsumu dragged Suna into a secluded area with Osamu following after them.

When Atsumu finally let go of Suna, he sighed in relief. "Is there something more you would like to talk about?"

"We are going to be watching you like a fuckin hawk," Atsumu warned with a dangerously low voice. "You better be careful."

Suna nodded his head.

Before Suna even realized it, Atsumu suddenly punched his face, making Suna fall with a grunt. Osamu sighed at this, but he understood why Atsumu did that.

"That punch was to remind you not to hurt her again. It's a warning," Atsumu said as he held his hand out to Suna.

"Fair enough," Suna said and accepted his extended hand.