Chapter 4

Watanabe cried herself to sleep every night. It was the only time she can express her sadness since she always forces a smile during the days. Thanks to this, her eyes were always puffy the next day that it became a routine for her to ice them in the morning before heading to school.

"Rumi, did you cry again?" Osamu asked in concern when he saw her eyes that were still a bit puffy.

She did not say anything but shook her head with a forced smile.

"I told you it was the best to break up with him," Atsumu grumbled as he walked ahead.

Watanabe hung her head down as they walked to school in silence.

When they arrived, they were on their way to their respective classrooms. It was somewhat peaceful until they have bumped into Suna. Atsumu scowled at him with Osamu furrowing his brows. Meanwhile, Suna looked like he didn't care and went past them. However, before he did, he smirked towards Watanabe's way as if he was making fun of her state.

"Pathetic," she heard him mumbled lowly as he walked past her.

Watanabe gripped tightly onto her bag strap as she bit her lips. She tried to pretend that she didn't hear it, but it was not the same case for Atsumu. He looked like he was ready to run after him to punch him while Osamu was holding his twin back.

• • •

Of course, Suna does not join them during lunch anymore. The twins didn't care, but for Watanabe, her heart broke even further, if there was any room for more pain. She tried her best to not show it as she ate her lunch, however, she lost her appetite after two bites. She placed her utensils down with a sigh. She was about to close her lunch when Atsumu prevented her from doing so. He then grabbed her spoon before scooping a bite of her lunch and held it to her mouth.

"I don't have an appetite," she whispered.

Atsumu did not listen to her whisper and continued to hold the spoon to her mouth. Watanabe glanced at Osamu for help, but he shook his head, siding his brother this time. "Don't skip your meals. We don't want you fainting from lack of nutrients."

She knew that she didn't have a choice except to eat. She forced her mouth open and ate. She managed to eat at least half of her lunch before they gave her a satisfied look.

• • •

Ever since lunch, Watanabe did not feel well. She felt like throwing up. Maybe it was because she forced herself to eat when she didn't have any appetite. She excused herself before rushing to the bathroom. After she ended up puking her lunch out, she was on the way back to her class when she spotted Suna with that same girl from last time kissing. 

She froze on the spot as she didn't know how to react.  Suna smirked when he noticed her presence and deepened the kiss just like the previous time. It was like a deja vu to her. She could feel her heart racing from the emotional pain she was experiencing at that moment. She ended up rushing back to the bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls as she cried her heart out.

Unfortunately for her, this was not the last time she saw them together. Since then, she constantly came across them, looking like a happy couple. It was obvious that Suna was doing that on purpose. Her heart continued to break at his action as she was still his girlfriend. At the same time, she was glad that the twins did not know about this.

However, she was losing more and more appetite with endless nights of crying to the point that she was unable to sleep. She was losing a drastic amount of weight and got paler with dark circles evident under her eyes. When others ask about it, she just laughed it off by saying she was watching some series and lost track of time every time. Meanwhile, the twins nagged her every time they see her in the morning. 

"Rumi, don't ruin your health for an asshole!"

"Don't you think it's really the time for you to break up with him?"

Whenever they did, Watanabe shook her head with a forced smile, saying that she was fine. Of course, the twins were not convinced but sighed at her stubbornness. 

• • •

Even with all these events, Watanabe's mind wandered off to their upcoming first anniversary. It was coming up soon and she doesn't know what's going to happen on that day. Is she still allowed to plan something? She wanted it to be special since it's their first anniversary and maybe it was an opportunity for her to win his heart back.

After countless questions, she finally messaged Suna about it. 'Hey, Rin... Our first anniversary is coming up, so I was wondering if we can meet up on Saturday at Inari Cafe around 1 P.M.?'

After sending the message, she bit on her nails as she felt anxiety spread all over her body. When she heard her phone ring, she quickly turned her phone on to see that he has replied. 'Sure.'

She beamed in happiness. It was only a word, but that one word was enough to brighten up her mood. She smiled widely as she began to plan out for their anniversary.