Chapter 16

The twins were over to Watanabe's house and were hanging out in her room. As usual, the twins began to bicker, which then altered to a physical fight. Watanabe shook her head and simply moved away from them, hoping that they won't break anything from her room. Unfortunately, the twins accidentally knocked over her bed side table that caused her photo frame to break. 

When they heard the glass shatter, the twins froze on the spot while Watanabe sighed. The twins slowly averted their gaze to the fallen frame. The twins got off each other and immediately tried to clean up their mess, but she stopped them. "Don't touch them. I'll go get a broom."

Once Watanabe found the broom, she headed back to her room and made them sweep the pieces of glasses then throw it into the bin. After they were done, Atsumu picked up the frame. As he did so, he noticed a pretty looking box that was fallen upside down with the cover off as well. He picked it up, revealing a bracelet on the floor.

"When did you get this, Rumi?" Atsumu asked as he showed the bracelet to her.

Watanabe froze on the spot before she snatched the bracelet away from him. "U-Uh..."

Atsumu gave her a look. "What are you hiding?"

Watanabe could feel chills running down her spine as she avoided his eyes. Atsumu continued to look at her with squinted eyes, determined to find out what she is hiding. Watanabe sighed in defeat and showed him the bracelet. "W-Well... Suna... gave it to me..."

"WHO WHAT?!" Atsumu yelled while Osamu sighed.

Watanabe fidgeted, not knowing what else to say. 

Atsumu took the bracelet out of her hand and shoved it to the trash bin, causing Watanabe to be shocked. "What are you doing?!"

He looked at her with a displeased expression. "Isn't it obvious?! I'm throwing out the garbage! You don't need it!"

Watanabe avoided his eyes as she could feel her eyes becoming warm. When Atsumu saw her reaction, he literally flew over to her and grabbed both of her shoulders tightly. "Don't tell me, you still love that asshole?!"

Watanabe could not bring herself to lie to him that she hung her head low as she bit her lips.

"Rumi, what the fuck?!" Atsumu yelled in disbelief as his grip tightened.

Osamu removed Atsumu's hands from her shoulders when Watanabe winced at his grip. Osamu then held her in a comforting manner while Atsumu tried to calm himself down.

Once Atsumu was in a calmer state, he looked at Watanabe. "Rumi, why?"

Watanabe glanced at her hands. "I-I don't know..."

"How can you still love him when he hurt you so much?" Osamu asked softly. "I thought you moved on since you didn't cry over him anymore."

"I think I just accepted the fact that he didn't love me and we broke up... That's why I didn't cry anymore, but a part of me still longed for him..." Watanabe said honestly. "I tried to move on... I really did, but my heart... it won't just listen to me..."

"Just how the fuck?" Atsumu said as he ruffled his hair with a sigh.

"I don't know if I can support your feelings for him," Osamu said softly.

Watanabe did not say anything else and continued to hung her head low.

• • •

Watanabe was doing her job as the manager when she felt someone's eyes following her every move. She knew who it was, but still turned to the person to see Suna. When their eyes met, Watanabe froze while Suna continued to stare at her. They were not breaking eye contact until Kita called out Watanabe. "Watanabe."

"Y-Yes, Kita-san?" She replied, snapping out of the daze.

"Can you come over here for a while?" He asked.

She nodded quickly before walking towards him.

Even after Watanabe has broke their eye contact, she could still feel his gaze on her, making her tense. She did her best to ignore him and helped Kita out. Once she was done, she excused herself to the bathroom to calm her heart. When she felt calmer, she washed her face and headed out, just to bump into Suna. She ignored him and was about to walk off until he grabbed her hand. She turned back in shock and saw Suna making a pained expression.

Watanabe bit her lips at the face he made. She doesn't like seeing that expression from him. She doesn't want him to shake her heart anymore. She might truly believe that he loves her if he continues. She might want to run into his arms once again. She knew she shouldn't love him anymore. But was that even possible?

Watanabe struggled to free herself from his grip, however, no matter how much she tried, he didn't let go of her. Instead, he pulled her arm, making her lose balance and crash into his chest. Before she could pull herself away from him, he wrapped his arms around her, trapping her in his embrace. "Please... Please just come back to me..."

Watanabe managed to pull herself together before replying, "You know that I won't..."

His arms tightened at her words. "I won't give up... I will show you that I truly love you..."

Suna finally freed her from his arms. 

"No matter how much you try, it won't work..." Watanabe said as she looked down.

She couldn't see his expression, but he ruffled her hair. "I know that you still love me, but you are just scared. I understand that, which is why I will prove to you that how much I regret my past actions."

Suna then walked away, leaving her alone in the hallway. 

Watanabe gripped the hem of her shirt tightly. She didn't know how he found out. Was she not able to mask it well? What was she supposed to do? Was she supposed to follow her heart or her mind?

Unknown to them, Osamu has seen their interaction by the corner. He stared at Suna's retreating form and Watanabe's expression. He sighed as he leaned onto the wall, trying to think it through.

"How should I convince that shit?" Osamu mumbled to himself when he came to a conclusion.