Chapter 10

When Watanabe got better, she sighed as she prepared for school. She constantly told herself to stand strong before exiting the door. When she stepped out of her entrance, she saw the twins. She waved at them as she approached them which they returned.

When they arrived at their school and were on their way to their respective classrooms, they saw Suna and Mina holding hands together. Watanabe held onto her bag strap tightly as she did her best to not glanced at them as they passed by them. She sighed in relief when she was successful.

Then during lunch, Watanabe forced her lunch down her throat and finished her food. The twins were shocked by her actions, but they seemed to be pleased that she was finally eating. Once she was done, she felt her insides feeling unpleasant that she excused herself to the bathroom. As soon as she was inside the stall, she vomited her lunch out. When she thought she couldn't puke anymore, she flushed the toilet and rinsed her mouth on the sink before heading back to the twins as if nothing happened.

• • •

Watanabe always spotted Suna and Mina all over each other. It was easy for her to tell that they were doing it on purpose. More like Mina wanted to get a reaction from her and Suna just followed along. Watanabe felt pain in her chest every time she comes across them, but she did not show it. She didn't want to give Mina the pleasure of seeing her broken state. The only time she broke down freely was when she hid within one of the stalls in the bathroom. She will always cry her sorrow out and washed her face to pretend she never cried.

• • •

Around a week has passed and the twins still did not find out about her puking. She thought she can keep it up and hopefully move on from Suna soon, however, an incident has occurred for the twins and her parents to find out.

It was during her P.E. period when they had to run laps around the field. While she was running, she suddenly felt dizzy as her view was blurred. She began to stumble until she fell onto the ground, letting the darkness consume her. When she was slowly gaining back her consciousness, she heard a heartbeat monitor as the scent of medicines filled her nose. She opened her eyes as the light blinded her eyes. When her view was finally clear, she saw a white ceiling.

"Rumiko!" She heard her parents yell.

Watanabe turned to look at them and saw her parents with a worried expression. "The doctor said you fainted because of lack of nutrients! Haven't you been eating well these past few days?!"

She kept her mouth shut as she didn't want to tell them how she puked everything out. As she tried her best to avoid their eyes by glancing in the other direction, she saw the twins looking at her. They had confused yet unhappy expressions. Watanabe ended up pulling the blanket all the way over her head, hiding her whole face from them. She heard several sighs at her action. She just ignored them and continued to hide her face.

"Auntie, Uncle, we'll try to talk to her. Please don't worry about her," Osamu spoke to her parents.

She couldn't hear her parents' response, but she felt someone stroking her head a bit before heading out of the room. She continued to hide her face until someone yanked the blanket away from her. She stared at the culprit in shock and saw Atsumu glaring at her. She gulped at his expression as she sat up, fidgeting her fingers.

"Explain now," Atsumu said.

Watanabe licked her lips before she answered him. "Well... you see... uh... I... p-puked everything I ate..."

"YOU WHAT?!" Watanabe flinched at his yell.

"Rumi, why will you do that?" Osamu asked with a frown.

Watanabe's eyes grew teary as she explained. "I didn't want to make others worried about me and I didn't want them to see how broken I was... So... I forced myself to eat and I think my body couldn't digest the food that I ended up puking them out every time..."

She heard Osamu sigh while Atsumu kicked something beside him, making her flinch. That was when the tears that were clinging onto her eyes, flew down. "I'm sorry..."

Osamu hugged her, patting her back to calm her down while Atsumu cursed beside them. When Atsumu calmed down, he sat beside her and gave her a desperate look. "Can you please, like fuckin hell, not do this? Don't ruin yourself for an asshole!"

Osamu gave her the same expression as his twin. "We will try to help you move on. You should realize that he isn't the only guy in the world."

Watanabe nodded her head. "I'm sorry..."

"He doesn't deserve your tears and you don't deserve to suffer like this because of him," Osamu said softly. "Also, remember that you have me, Tsumu, and your parents by your side."

She nodded her head once again as she wiped her tears away.

• • •

Watanabe was discharged when she was in stable state. Her parents tried to make food that was not too heavy, hoping their daughter's stomach will digest them. Meanwhile, the twins made sure she ate and was not puking them out. Thanks to their hard work, she was beginning to gain some weight.

"Tsumu, Samu! I think I gained weight!" She told them excitedly.

Both of them looked happy by her words.

"Finally! I thought you were going to be a skeleton!" Atsumu smirked.

"Yeah, you were underweight when you began to starve," Osamu said with a sigh of relief.

Watanabe was slowly beginning to have her real smile although it was not frequent. She also cried less during the night or when she saw them together. Her heart still hurt when she sees them together, but there were no more tears for them. It was an improvement on her side.