Chapter 15

"Good luck, Tsumu, Samu!" Watanabe smiled at them as it was their inter-high tournament.

"We are going to Nationals," Atsumu said with a confident smirk.

"Thanks," Osamu smiled.

After the twins entered the court, another shadow towered over Watanabe. She looked up and saw Suna.

"What?" She asked bluntly.

"Aren't you going to tell me good luck as well?"

"Good luck," she mumbled to get rid of him.

Suna smiled at her words and ruffled her hair before entering the court as well.

Watanabe sat there in shock while Atsumu was trying to kick Suna, but Osamu was holding him back. However, regardless of that, Inarizaki won, meaning they were part of the Nationals that was being held in two months.

• • •

Suna continued to try to win Watanabe's heart and trust back. This led the twins to become overprotective of her while Mina glared at her whenever they walk past each other. Just like her usual days, Suna left another bag of sweets on top of Watanabe's desk. Atsumu scoffed before grabbing the sweets to throw them into the trash bin like he always does.

• • •

Watanabe had to go to the bathroom that she excused herself from class before heading out. She was almost near the bathroom when she bumped into someone. She managed to keep herself balanced before apologizing. "Sorry."

"No worries," said a familiar voice.

Watanabe looked up in haste to see Suna smiling at her.

"Oh, it's you," she said before trying to walk past him.

Before she was successful, he grabbed her wrist, preventing her from doing so. "Did you enjoy the sweets?"

She turned to look at him as she freed her wrist from his grip. "The trash bin did."

There was a split pain displayed on his face, before he said, "But those were your favourites."

"I don't like it anymore."

Suna gave her a sad smile that caused her heart to hurt. She didn't want him to give her that smile. Why was he showing that sad smile? Why was he still shaking her heart? She wanted to move on from him, but he keeps pulling her back to him.

As thoughts were running through her brain, she forgot that she was standing middle of the hallway. She was snapped back to reality when Suna ruffled her hair gently. She stared at him in shock as his action brought her memories of them. When they were still happy together. She quickly slapped his hand away before rushing to the bathroom. She could feel her heart beating at a fast rate. She didn't know what to do. She wanted him to stop. She wanted her heart to stop loving him.

• • •

Unlike how Watanabe hoped for, Suna did not give up and continued to approach her. He knew that the sweets he leaves on her desk headed to the trash bin, yet he continued to leave sweets on top of her desk. Whenever they made eye contact, he will either wave or smile at her. During the club, his eyes follow her everywhere, and he does not even look away when he gets caught.

• • •

Watanabe was in the storage room to get some items they needed. She was having a difficult time getting the specific item since it was way up on the shelf. She looked around to find anything she can step on. Unfortunately, there was none that she sighed in frustration. She was about to walk out to ask for help from either Atsumu and Osamu. However, when she turned around, she saw Suna towering over her. 

While she had wide eyes, Suna stepped closer to her and reached over to the item she was trying to get. Watanabe could feel the heat rushing to her face and her heart beating at a faster rate at their closeness. She silently hoped that he won't hear her heartbeat. When Suna finally leaned away with the item, he looked down at her. "Is this it?"

Not trusting her voice, she just nodded.

Suna smiled at the sight and leaned closer to her ears. "You know, you look adorable with that blush."

Watanabe pushed him off of her and tried to glare at him. "Whatever. Thanks for bringing it down."

"My pleasure," he said before heading out of the storage room with the item.

"I can carry it! Give it to me!" She said, not wanting to get any further help from him.

"I'm already carrying it. Might as well just let me help."

Watanabe bit her lips in defeat and just walked beside him to the bench.

Before Suna could place the item down, Atsumu suddenly yelled, "Asshole, get the fuck away from her!"

Suna sighed and quickly placed the item down before going to the other side of the court.

• • •

Suna's attempts were more direct when they were at the Nationals. He always checked up on Watanabe although it was supposed to be her looking out for the members. He also tried to come closer to her and show her affection. However, he was usually unsuccessful since the twins were watching him like a hawk.

• • •

While Watanabe was resting in her assigned room, she heard a soft knock. She opened the door without checking who it was, assuming it was the twins. However, she saw Suna instead who was smiling at her. Watanabe was about to slam the door shut, but Suna quickly stopped it. "I brought you something."

"I don't need it," she mumbled.

"Just take it please? Then I will go right away," he said.

She sighed as she nodded.

Suna handed her the wrapped box with a relieved smile before leaving as he said. Watanabe softly closed the door and opened the box to see a bracelet. It was the bracelet she told Suna how cute it was. She couldn't believe he remembered it. If they were still together, she would have been touched, but that was not the case right now. Why did he have to give this to her now? After all those events, why now? 

Watanabe bit her lips with teary eyes and was about to throw it into the trash, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She held onto the bracelet tightly to her chest before crouching to the ground, letting out her tears. "I am an idiot after all. I still love him even after what he did to me."