Chapter 12

"Tsumu, Tsumu!" Watanabe yelled as she jumped onto Atsumu's back.

Atsumu was startled but still managed to catch her before she fell. "Don't suddenly jump on my back!"

Watanabe laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "But I know you won't drop me!"

Atsumu grumbled, which only caused her to laugh. "You still love me!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Atsumu sighed, but he had a soft smile on his face.

"Now off to the gym!" Watanabe said as she pointed to the direction.

"Hang on tight!" Atsumu chuckled and ran towards the gym.

She laughed in glee as she buried her head on his shoulder.

When they arrived, they saw the members staring at them with a smile. Watanabe jumped off from Atsumu's back while he went to change. She then skipped beside Kita. "Hi, Kita-san!"

"You seem to be in a good mood," Kita commented.

She nodded with a smile. She then glanced down to see that he was holding the record notebook. "Kita-san, do you want me to do the recording instead?"

Kita gave her an appreciative smile but shook his head. "It's fine. You're technically not part of our club, so we shouldn't bother you like this."

Watanabe smiled at his words. "I'll sign up as your manager then!"

Kita's eyes widened slightly while Atsumu who happened to be done changing heard her and yelled, "Really?!"

"Why not?"

Atsumu ran towards her excitedly and gave her a hug while Kita smiled. "If you are sure, let's go inform the coach then. I'm sure he will accept you right away."

Before they could head to the coach, Mina suddenly appeared. "Why her?! Can't I be the manager instead?!"

Watanabe sighed while Atsumu glared at her. "Why the fuck will we want you as our manager?!"

"Since I am obviously better than her!" Mina said with confidence. "Also, I can help MY boyfriend more then!"

When Kita heard her words, he stepped forward. "We need a manager who cares about all the members, not only a specific person."

"Then she shouldn't be the manager either!" Mina argued as she pointed at Watanabe. "She will only care for the twins and exclude my Rintaro!"

Watanabe massaged her temple. "Why will I only care about the twins? We may be best friends, but that doesn't mean they get special treatment. As a manager, I need to care for all the members equally and that includes Suna."

Mina squinted her eyes in disbelief. "You may say that now, but once you become the manager, you will definitely exclude him! He is your ex! As if you will be nice to him!"

Watanabe gave her a smile. "So what if he is my ex? He is still part of his club. Whatever my feelings are, it should be separated as a manager."

Mina quickly thought of another reason. "What if you try to get closer to him on purpose?! Maybe you might attempt to steal him from me!"

Watanabe gave her a look of confusion. "You just said I might exclude him and now you are saying I might flirt with him. What do you really want to say?"

"Rumi, just ignore her. She is too dumb to realize what she is saying," Osamu commented beside her.

"If you can't say anything, that only means you admit it!" Mina said quickly.

Watanabe sighed. "What's your problem? Weren't you the one who was confident that Suna is all yours now? What are you so afraid of? If you trust him, you shouldn't have any problems. Also, whatever your reasons are, I don't need your permission to become their manager."

Before Mina could retort back, the coach stopped them. "That's enough! Suna, bring her out of the gym!"

Suna, who had an annoyed expression, came beside Mina and grabbed her bag and her to drag her out of the gym. Mina struggled from his grip as she wanted to stay, but he was way stronger than her. "Rintaro, let go!"

"Shut up," Suna gritted his teeth.

When both of them were out of the gym, Watanabe sighed in relief.

"Fuckin shit," Atsumu grumbled. "That is the bitch he fuckin left you for. Wow, just wow."

He then went into the court along with Osamu. Meanwhile, Watanabe followed Kita and approached the coach. The coach gave her the application form and she filled it out on the spot.

"Thanks, Watanabe. You are officially our manager starting tomorrow," the coach said. "It's perfect timing as well since we have Inter-high qualifiers soon."

Watanabe smiled at his words. "Glad to help!"

Kita smiled at her and guided her to one of the benches. "For today, just watch us. You can start helping us tomorrow."

• • •

"We finally have a manager!" Atsumu yelled as they walked back home.

"Whose fault is it that we don't have one?" Osamu said as he rolled his eyes.

Atsumu smirked at his twin. "Is someone jealous that I have more fangirls?"

Osamu gave him a look of disgust before turning to look at Watanabe. "Are you sure you can handle the job of a manager?"

Watanabe nodded. "I should be fine. I helped out from time to time, so I know what I should be doing."

Osamu smiled at her words.

"That pig was so fuckin annoying by the way! Like can she shut her fuckin mouth?!" Atsumu yelled in annoyance.

Watanabe laughed at his words. "Let her be. She just wants to get a reaction out of me."

"Bitch," Atsumu grumbled.

"I'm glad you are alright now though," Osamu commented.

Watanabe softly smiled. "Well, I did not completely move on yet. A part of me still loves him, but at least I don't cry anymore and there's less pain."

"We are always here for you anyway," Osamu said, making her smile at him.

"Yeah, you ain't alone," Atsumu said as he elbowed her with a smile.

Watanabe decided to play it playfully that she gasped dramatically. "Samu! Someone possessed Tsumu! He is being nice! Run away from him!"

She then jumped onto Osamu's back, making him chuckle as he quickly ran away from Atsumu.

"WHAT?!" They heard Atsumu yell along with rapid footsteps catching up to them. "GET BACK HERE! AND I AM NICE!"