Chapter 13

Even after Watanabe has become their manager, Mina still came to watch Suna practice. Watanabe did not mind her being there, but she was slowly becoming annoyed by her glare. She also noticed how Suna was staring at her from time to time. She didn't know what he wanted from her, but she didn't bother to ask and pretended not to notice his gaze. The only time she talked to him was when she has to do her job as their manager.

"Suna, your drink," Watanabe said as she handed him his bottle. 

Suna just stared at her, making her wave her hand in front of his eyes to bring him back to reality. "Hello? Earth to Suna!"

When Suna snapped out from his daze, he took the bottle from her hand with a soft thanks. Before Watanabe could walk away from him, Mina caused a tantrum, making the others sigh in annoyance. "I told you that she will flirt with MY boyfriend!"

"How was that flirting? I was just handing him his bottle," Watanabe said with a tired tone. "Let me do my job in peace."

"DON'T LIE!"

Before Watanabe could retort back or Kita could step in, Suna sighed with annoyance before dragging Mina out of the gym along with her bag. They all could hear her yelling from the other side of the door. "I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND, NOT HER!"

"I SAW YOUR EYES! I SAW HOW YOU LOOKED AT HER!"

"STOP LYING!"

"I'M NOT LEAVING WHEN SHE IS OBVIOUSLY IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU!"

"I WON'T LET HER TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME!! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MINE NOW!"

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!"

They all sweat dropped at her yells. They stood there awkwardly as they didn't hear Suna's voice at all.

"She's quite insecure. Where did her confidence go?" Watanabe whispered. "He has it pretty rough."

"Ha! He fuckin deserves it!" Atsumu said without even the slightest hint of hesitation.

Soon they heard a loud running that slowly went off to distance before Suna entered back to the gym with a tired face. Everyone quickly went back to practice, including him.

• • •

As soon as Watanabe arrived home, she took a shower and had dinner. She was then doing her homework in her room when she received a message from someone. She checked her phone to see that it was Suna, catching her by surprise. "What does he want?"

'I want to talk to you. I'm in front of your house,' Suna has messaged her.

When Watanabe saw his message, she carefully peeked out of her window to see Suna standing outside. She hesitated whether or not she could go talk to him. 

As she was debating, she got another message from him. 'I'm not leaving until you show up.'

When she read his message, she had a flashback of herself waiting in the rain for him during their anniversary. She frowned at this and scoffed. "Says the one who left me under the rain."

She decided to ignore him. It was his decision if he wants to spend the night in front of her house. He is welcome to do so. She stood strong as she knew once she goes out to see him, the gradual healing heart might be ripped open again, going back to step one. She might long for him as much as she did when she used to cry herself to sleep if she talks to him. It was best for her to avoid him until she has completely moved on.

However, her plan seemed to have failed as Suna messaged her once again saying he will ring the doorbell instead of messaging her. Watanabe didn't want to wake her parents up. Not after they just managed to sleep peacefully since they weren't able to sleep well for a while because of her. She ruffled her hair in frustration before quietly going out of her entrance to talk to him.

When Suna heard her door open, he quickly looked up and sighed in relief. "You came out."

Watanabe avoided his eyes. "Make it quick."

"I just wanted to apologize," he said that caught her by surprise. "I'm sorry about how I treated you. I shouldn't have treated you that way and should have given you a proper explanation. I'm also sorry about how Mina acts whenever you are around."

If Watanabe was being honest, she could feel her heart softening a bit at his words. This was the exact reason why she didn't want to talk to him. She bit her lips before replying, "Why are you suddenly apologizing? Just continue being an asshole, so we can keep our distance."

Suna hesitated for a moment. "I know I have no right to say this, but I still love you. I don't know what came over to me at that time, but I think I just forgot your importance because I was used to your presence. I misunderstood my feelings by thinking it was me being tired of our relationship. I was foolish."

It took Watanabe a while to process what she just heard. When she finally understood what he said, her eyes turned teary. She quickly blinked it away, trying to keep her cool. "So, your point is?"

"I want you back. I regret all of my actions. Please let me make it up to you. I promise I won't repeat my mistakes."

A tear flew from her eye. "You expect me to believe you? You already gave me so much pain. Do you know much I suffered? How much pain I went through?"

"I know, but-" She cut him off, losing her cool at his words. 

"No, you don't! You enjoyed watching me in pain! Have you ever imagined how I would feel every single time I caught you with Mina?! When you left me in the rain during OUR anniversary because of her?!"

She took several deep breaths before continuing. "You already cheated behind my back. That should be enough evidence that you can always cheat behind my back again if we were to go back together. I am not taking that risk."

Suna didn't say anything but glanced on the floor.

She watched him silently before asking, "Did you even break up with Mina before you came to me?"

Suna nodded. "But I never once loved her! I thought I did, but I was being stupid! I always loved you!"

Watanabe looked at him in disbelief. "You might have cheated on me with her and she clearly enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean you can go break her heart like that."

"I really do regret everything I did. Please just give me another chance!" Suna pleaded as he grabbed both of her hands with his.

"From how you broke it off with me and her, I can tell that you take relationships lightly," she shook his hand away as tears flew from her eyes. "People don't change easily, Suna. We are not going back together."

No matter how she feels, she knows that she shouldn't run back to Suna. Not after she experienced what he was capable of doing to her heart. She needed to stand strong. She needed to resist him. She also knew what she said was true. She needed to listen to her own words.

She gave him one last look before turning around to head back to her house.

"I won't give up! I'll prove to you that I mean it!" Suna yelled after her.

Watanabe did not react to his words and just entered her house. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she slid down the door as she placed her hand on her chest. She could feel her heart beating fast from the various emotions she was feeling.