Chapter 9

When Watanabe opened her eyes, she felt like her head was about to split open while her body was burning up. She could not even move from the soreness all over her body. 

"Rumiko, you should wake up now. I need to head early for a meeting," her room door opened, revealing her mother in her work clothes.

"M-Mom..." Watanabe called out to her mother with a hoarse voice.

"Rumiko?! What's wrong with your voice?! Are you sick?!" Her mother said in concern as she rushed beside her.

She placed her palm on Watanabe's forehead. "You are burning up! I'll call your school that you will be absent. I should call my workplace as well."

Watanabe quickly stopped her mother. "M-Mom... You can g-go to work..."

"Rumiko, there would be no one to take care of you if I go to work. Your dad already left for his work."

"I-I'll be fine..."

Her mother shook her head. "Not happening. Just sleep while I make some porridge for you."

Watanabe gave her a look of desperation. "P-Please..."

Her mother sighed at her stubbornness. She gave her an uncertain expression before nodding. "Fine, but if something happens, call me right away. I'll get an early leave."

Watanabe nodded before closing her eyes, heading back to sleep.

• • •

Watanabe groaned in pain as she woke up. She felt something damp on her forehead that she removed it to see a wet towel. She placed it on the side before forcing her heavy body to sit up as she glanced at the clock. It was an hour before noon. She then looked at the table and saw a tray on top of it. She slowly stood up to check the content on top of it. There was a bowl of porridge, a pill, a cup of water, and a note with her mother's writing.

• • •

I made some porridge for you before I left. Make sure to eat it before you take your pills.

I'll try to come home as soon as possible.

Love you

- Mom

• • •

Watanabe was grateful for her mom, but she didn't have any appetite. She didn't care if she didn't take her pills either. In fact, she felt unmotivated to do anything. She just headed back to her bed and began to cry. It caused her headache to be worse, but she didn't care. She just wanted to let out her pain as her mind was occupied with Suna. Who would have thought that a breakup can cause this much pain? She continued to cry her heart out until she basically fainted.

As she was sleeping, she felt someone gently wipe her cheeks and something cold was being dabbed gently on her forehead. These sensations caused her to force her heavy lids to open as she sat up. When she did, she saw the twins. 

"What are you doing here?" She whispered with a groan.

Atsumu glared at her. "You didn't eat your porridge and medicine!"

Watanabe frowned as her headache worsen at his loud voice.

"Tsumu, you're too loud. You're going to hurt her head even more," Osamu said with a softer tone.

Atsumu groaned as he placed a small table on her bed with the heated porridge. "Eat."

Watanabe shook her head stubbornly.

Atsumu messed his hair in frustration while giving her desperate eyes. "Come on, Rumi! Please just eat, so that you can take your med! You're not going to get better if you keep this up!"

She didn't say anything and glanced at her hand. Osamu's hand enveloped hers, making her face him. "Why are you ruining your health like this? He doesn't deserve your suffering."

Tears flew down from her eyes that Osamu rubbed her back to calm her down. "Don't cry. You might get dehydration from crying too much."

Watanabe tried to force herself to cease her tears. When she was successful, the twins gave her a desperate look. "I know you don't have an appetite, but please eat your meal?"

She didn't want to but nodded in the end.

She shakily raised her hand to grabbed the spoon, but she was having a difficult time since she couldn't put any strength into it. Atsumu grabbed her spoon instead and scooped up a bite from the bowl, trying to feed her.

"I can... feed myself..." She mumbled.

Atsumu gave her a look, making her sighed in defeat and let him feed her. Atsumu forced her to finish the whole bowl before giving her a satisfied smile. He brought the bowl out while Osamu handed her the pills. Watanabe forced the pills down her throat before lying back down to her bed. She stared at Osamu who was staring back at her as he stroke her head gently. 

"Samu," she called out his name.

"What is it?"

She was hesitant to ask, but still asked the question that was lingering on her mind. "H-How's Suna?"

Osamu's face hardened at her words while Atsumu slammed the door open. "Why are you even curious about that bastard?!"

Watanabe bit her lips as she didn't know what to say.

Osamu sighed before answering her question. "He's doing so well with his new girlfriend."

She unconsciously frowned at his words although she expected that answer. She just nodded her head in sadness.

Osamu placed the cold, damp towel on her forehead. "Go sleep some more. You need to get better soon."

"I'm lonely without you in class!" Atsumu said with a slight smirk.

Watanabe smiled at his words before closing her eyes.