ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43

(A/N - multiple POVs ahead)

I CLOSE THE DOOR as Nathaniel leaves with the two rings I had given him. I walk to the theater room and am faced with all of my brothers waiting for me. We had planned to watch a movie together. My father was working, taking Giovanni's place so he could have the day off to spend with us.

"What are we watching?" I ask them as soon as I enter the room. They turn their heads looking at me as I walk to the available seat between Antonio and Matteo.

"Your turn to decide." Mat says, I put a pillow on his lap and lay my head in it, I then put my legs in Antonio's lap, successfully laying down in a comfortable position so I could watch the movie.

I think about movies we could watch, thinking of all the possibilities. There's so many movies I have watched and to be honest I don't really have a favorite. But there's one that I've been eagerly to watch for a while now. I know they won't be happy with my choice but it's the one I want and it's my turn to choose.

"We are watching The Lion King." I state happily. I think that because I didn't have much of a childhood I became attached to kid's movies. It's nice to see how their innocent minds portray life as easy as it is in the movies, but then when you grow up you realize that there's much more to the story than what we can see. Like when you watch Winnie the Pooh, on the surface it is an innocent world— Christopher Robin living in a beautiful forest surrounded by his loyal animal friends— but then when we grow up, we realize that every character represents a mental illness. Pooh was ADD, Tigger was ADHD, Rabbit was OCD, Roo was autism, Eeyore was depression and Christopher Robin was schizophrenia.

They all whine like children because of my choice. Their unhappiness was clear as they all had frowns on their faces. They really looked like children, if someone saw them they probably would never think that they were older and were supposed to be the mature ones. But I guess maturity doesn't come with age.

"Stop complaining, it's my time to choose." I say rolling my eyes. I start the movie and take a bowl of popcorn. I start to eat the popcorn and drink some soda but my eyes start to feel heavy. I look around the room to be faced with most of my brothers sleeping. All of them had tear stained cheeks. Well, except for Giovanni, but he slept as soon as I started the movie, I think the days of working without sleeping were catching up with him. I felt hands playing with my hair which only made me more sleepy.