ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44

(A/N - play the song when you see *)

TODAY IS THE DAY. The annual Mafia ball is an event in which all leaders will be attending as a way of trying to ally with others. It's supposed to be a peaceful event, in which we all leave our hatred towards each other behind and enjoy the evening.

At midnight Mat decided to go skate in a park nearby and invited me, which I gladly accepted as I had nothing to do and I also couldn't sleep. I could say that skating is not actually my thing as I really failed doing so but fortunately there's more time for us to train and for me to learn how to skate.

When I finally decided I had tried enough and was very tired, we went back home. It was already six in the morning so I saw no point on trying to go to sleep. We went to the kitchen and started talking, then Luca came downstairs so he could prepare breakfast for all of us as he usually does.

We talked and laughed, it was a great time where all the family were together enjoying our time with each other. Zeke and his family had gone out so they could prepare for the ball and check on their business. They haven't found out who had attacked them yet but there's no danger towards them anymore as it was an isolated attack. Because of that they will be going back to their house tomorrow.

I really think Zeke is a good friend and because of that I don't plan on ghosting him like I had done before, but I also don't plan on leading him on. We clarified everything about the status of our friendship that day. He's totally fine with me not having feelings for him and understands he deserves better. Thankfully he knows his worth.

Now it was 5pm and I decided to start to get ready for the ball. A few days ago I went out shopping with Lexi. I had told her I had an important event at my father's company and that I would be in the need of a ball dress. We walked and searched a lot, but towards the end of the day we found the perfect dress as I couldn't tell he it was for a Mafia ball. I hadn't shown it to my father and brothers yet, and I'm kind of scared. The dress isn't revealing but it doesn't cover much either, if you know what I mean.

I make my way to my walk-in closet and grab my dress. I leave it on my bed as I go to my bathroom to freshen up. I decided on not washing my hair so I wouldn't have to dry it. The hot drops of water travel my body as I close my eyes enjoying the relaxing moment. I wash my body before grabbing a fluffy white towel and firmly wrapping it around my body.