• 05 ~ I'd Choose Your Heart •

Credit: https://twitter.com/DragonagiaAlice/status/1418298882098810880?s=19

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Y/n lay awake in their bed, sweat rolling down their forehead. Sleep couldn't come easy. Whether it was due to excitement or how hot they felt, they didn't know.

Scaramouche made sure there were two separate beds in the room, which honestly made sense because neither of them would want to share.

Y/n could hear the sound of people fighting in the distant. As gracefully as the Fatui agents and mages held themselves out in the open, they had equal tendency to get into pointless quarrels with each other when left alone.

And this was after them resolving to keep the noise to a minimum, since Scaramouche 'wouldn't have any of their nonsense'.

Y/n let out a groan, and threw the sheets off of them. Looking at the resting figure on the other bed, they decided to cause some disturbance themself.

"Scaramouche..! I can't sleep..!!"

"Goddammit this is the third time you've woken me up!!" He glared at Y/n. "I don't care if you can't sleep. What do you expect me to do about it anyway?"

"I don't know. Keep me company, I guess?" Y/n stretched their arms. "How are you feeling so sleepy anyway? I only sleep for two to three hours every night."

"Huh... You're a weirdo." He turned back to his original position and became silent.

Y/n stared at him for a while, then realised what happened. "You fell asleep again?!"

"Go count sheep or something. Leave me alone." He folded his pillow over his ears.

Y/n turned away from Scaramouche. They didn't know what counting sheep meant, but it felt like the conversation was over.

It was getting cold again, so Y/n put the blanket back on, though they knew they would throw away the sheets again soon enough.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

"Rise and shine!!"

"No!!"

"See this is why you should sleep during the night!" Scaramouche said, pulling the blankets off of Y/n with all his energy.

"I'm not sleepy! The bed is just too comfortable and- Give me my blanket back!!!" Y/n sat up, glaring daggers at Scaramouche.

He remained unfazed. "Go wash your face. I honestly expected you to be more energetic than this."

Y/n tilted their head and thought for a minute. "Oh right! The Windblume festival!!" They hurriedly got out of bed. "We're gonna celebrate, aren't we?"

Scaramouche looked away. "Only for today."

Y/n beamed. "So it's finally getting in your head, isn't it?" Scaramouche didn't respond.