• 37 ~ I Want You To Win •

Credit: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/94730324

• • • • •

A/n: Some readers were under the impression that the last chapter was actually the final chapter of the book. But that is far from the truth.

My apologies if this chapter surprises you, but the story isn't finished yet, so I hope you don't mind reading further. ^^

P. S. This is not a republished chapter, so old readers may not see their votes and comments already cast.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Scaramouche POV]

"I didn't expect to see you here so quickly." Signora clicked her fingernails, a smile encasing her lips. "The battle hasn't even begun yet."

"I'm here to discuss something with you." Scaramouche replied, unbothered by her demeanor.

"Oh? Did you finally decide to strike the last nail to Y/n's coffin?" She chuckled. "A part of me thought you were actually thinking of saving them."

"Hm.." Scaramouche laughed as well. "Signora, you're definitely smarter than I give you credit for..."

. . .

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Today's morning brought forth weird feelings inside of Y/n. Their time at the festival felt so surreal that everything they were living now paled in comparison.

Their mind raced back to the final moment, their time with Scaramouche in the forest. They had supposedly ruined the festive mood by crying, but their heart felt lighter after it was over.

He even let me cry on his shoulder...

A hint of red fell on Y/n's cheeks. It was odd for a satellite to emotionally rely on their harbinger, surely. Let alone Scaramouche was never the type to show affection.

Maybe he was just in a good mood at the festival.

They sighed. If that was the case, they were happy they could enable him to enjoy in his birthplace. Not that it was easy to tell since Scaramouche hadn't changed in the slightest.

In the end, they brushed the thoughts away. Nothing good was coming out of getting worked up over it.

Do I really have to go to the Resistance camp today..?

They figured they'd have to, since Aless was already prepared downstairs. To spy on Y/n. And the fact that he knew that Y/n was aware of it and still decided to remain uncaring was something Y/n cared about a lot.

They sighed. "I really wish you were a little more discreet."

Aless tilted his head in confusion.